The Russian Kaspersky challenges the US from Madrid

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Who knows where does MS's ( I'm using acronym, 'cause I'm lazy :D), Google's and FB's data ends up. There are many who say Google and FB are tools of the US government.
Don't worry it will be near your house in Business centers to avoid attention so that you get great performance.

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
"Hey hey hey...you are missing the point again and you are rumbling...Microsoft or Kaspersky or NSA or whatever would never stole my CC credentials"

LOL. Do you believe M$ or Kaspersky or NSA cannot ever be hacked? Btw, all them have been hacked multiple times.

Identity theft for instance is a growing business. How naive.

""Plus you still missing the point, and claiming each and everyone one of us break the law, and should hide our crimes."

All of us, 100% of us have broken numerous laws. This is a GIVEN.

There are laws on the books that almost nobody knows but still can be enforced, new laws are created every day. Laws change.

"Again, I have nothing to hide, doesn't matter if you believe that or not, nor I care."

Of course you have something to hide, as does everyone/100% of the people in the world. This a GIVEN. Belief is irrelevant. Facts. This can be a host of things, ranging from cheating on partner to illegal downloads to speeding (traffic laws) etc and etc.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
f3d42e09067249fe630ef65b5fc4510c.png

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
For those who continue feeling spied on or are so worried about their privacy....as i said before....plug off the internet cable.Because internet will never be completely free for privacy....it will always be someone who wants to know something about another person and find different ways to do it.
PS.Back on topic.Bravo Karspersy for your initiative!

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Surveillance is not merely the internet.

The people of Russia are certainly finding out the harsh way how their rights are freedoms are being limited by the state. How paranoid of them, eh?

The freedoms we take for granted can be easily taken away, and have throughout history.

Deckard

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2019
For those who continue feeling spied ...
Yes, me, and you know what ? It's not just a feeling:
"the United Nations Committee for Human Rights stated that the French law “grants overly broad powers for very intrusive surveillance on the basis of vast and badly defined objectives”"

....plug off the internet cable.
"All that is Excessive is Insignificant"
Talleyrand, 1754-1838.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
"Fear is free and everyone takes it differently."
But I for example, I see no reason for the NSA or the Kremlin or The White House to spy on me.
If they want to make them do it but I do not think they'll waste their time with me:D

L

Local Host

Surveillance is not merely the internet.

The people of Russia are certainly finding out the harsh way how their rights are freedoms are being limited by the state. How paranoid of them, eh?

The freedoms we take for granted can be easily taken away, and have throughout history.
Unless you been there and actually know the people there, you shouldn't generalize nor say stuff like that. Can't help but notice the trend in the West that constantly harass the Russian government and cry dictatorship and how miserable people are there, well that is false.

I been to Russian and my own father lived there more than half his life, and no one over there complains about Putin, in fact, if I had something to say would be the Russian Government is the only Government I know that actually fights corruption.

They can be extreme sometimes, but is always with Russia best interests in mind, not selfish desires to fill pockets like it happens all over the world, and that is thanks to Putin.

rsonic

Level 2
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Unless you been there and actually know the people there, you shouldn't generalize nor say stuff like that. Can't help but notice the trend in the West that constantly harass the Russian government and cry dictatorship and how miserable people are there, well that is false.

I been to Russian and my own father lived there more than half his life, and no one over there complains about Putin, in fact, if I had something to say would be the Russian Government is the only Government I know that actually fights corruption.

They can be extreme sometimes, but is always with Russia best interests in mind, not selfish desires to fill pockets like it happens all over the world, and that is thanks to Putin.

You didn't really need to say you came from there, really.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
But I for example, I see no reason for the NSA or the Kremlin or The White House to spy on me.
If they want to make them do it but I do not think they'll waste their time with me :giggle:

True dat.

To 'protect' and to 'hide' are different things.

Sometimes language is imprecise.... especially if it is not your native language.

I don't have much to hide. I do have a lot to protect.

Deckard

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2019
...I see no reason for the NSA or the Kremlin or The White House to spy on me....

No, right, but they did (not with you, necessarily, I hope :)) and maybe they still do.

I quote:

..based on documents leaked by Snowden have said that sexy images get captured during the course of mass surveillance. In a video interview with the Guardian published Thursday, Snowden said it was not unusual for employees who "stumbled" across an "intimate nude photo of someone in a sexually compromising situation" to pass it around. He said he saw it happen, describing it as "routine" and seen by many as "a fringe benefit of a surveillance position."

The NSA's spokesperson didn't explicitly deny that it happens in a response to an inquiry about Snowden's claim ...

On the Forbes articles.

Reactions: bribon77

Deckard

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2019
I recommend you the movie, "Snowden", by Oliver Stone.
Oliver Stone is not a jackass.

I know, I'm off topic, Kaspersky in Spain, but actually not so much. It's all about surveillance. Besides, Swnoden is refugee in........... Russia, Moscow. USA never forgave that. A rancor since 2013.
Everything is related; Kaspersky is just a scapegoat imo.

• Thanks
Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.