Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What is the Warning System?
The Warning system is simply a way to enforce the rules that have been set in place for this community. This information is as important to us as it is to you. It shows you what is considered appropriate for these forums and what is not, with that you can adjust your posting style to suit.

How do I check my Warning log?
If you have received a Warning, on your profile there is a now a Warning section that shows the Warning Level, simply click on the number, and you will be taken to the warning log. Also on your profile there should be two "Warning" tabs (Warning Actions and Warnings), which offer more details on when your posting restrictions will expire and other useful information.

I received warning points, why?
How we distribute warnings and posting privileges suspensions is described in our community rules. This system was added to try and add a fair and consistent process for dealing with the forum rules. You should also have received a private message with more details on what has happened.

We hate giving Warnings, however this community is at its best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.

For how long are my account features are limited and the posting privileges suspended?
The period for which your account features are limited and the posting privileges suspended, depends on your current Warning Level. This account limitation includes things like: updating your profile, Like posts, uploading an avatar, and post in threads, profile posts, or conversations, however you can read all the threads and your conversations.

Here are the account limitations for each Warning Level:
  • At or above 20% Warning Level - The account features are limited and the posting privileges are suspended for 12 hours.
  • At or above 40% Warning Level - The account features are limited and the posting privileges are suspended for 72 hours.
  • At or above 60% Warning Level - The account features are limited and the posting privileges are suspended for 14 days.
  • At or above 80% Warning Level - The account features are limited and the posting privileges are suspended for 30 days.
  • At or above 100% Warning Level - The account is permanently banned.
While your account is limited you will see the following notifications on all pages:

I've received a Warning, what should I do?
There is nothing that you need to do, you just need to wait for your account restrictions to be automatically removed and respect the community guidelines so that you can avoid the same situation in the future. Most Warnings expire in 6 months or less.

Oh no! I have warning points, I am so embarrassed!
Don't worry, only you and forum staff can see your Warnings and Warning Level. The other members can't see anything related to your Warnings or Warning Level.

Can these Warning points be removed?
If you don't receive any other Warnings, your account Warning Level will be removed in 6 months. There is nothing you need to do apart from having a civilized behavior on the forums.

Where can I find the forum rules?
You can find our community guidelines here. Please take all the rules seriously and don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
The staff members work very, very hard with your best interests at heart, dedicating their time to help make things better. Please help them out by taking heed of this notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.