The way F-Secure beta works is a little bit weird

RRlight

Level 1
Thread author
May 11, 2024
Testing samples in Hyper-V with F-S beta (F-S Protect) and Comodo firewall 2025 installed. The first time I had samples run inside Comodo containment, and all samples were blocked by Deep Guard (behavioral protection). After rolling the virtual machine back and testing again, Deep Guard didn't work and missed every sample successfully blocked last time.

Another thing is that I got another laptop installed F-SP as well. For the same set of samples, same database of FS, 4 samples are detected in the virtual machine but only 3 are detected on the laptop. I tested at almost the same time so the database should be the same. Also, I tested in the virtual machine first. So it first detects 4 samples but then only 3, I'm a bit confused.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
The inconsistency you're experiencing could be due to slight differences in the environments or timing of updates. F-Secure's behavioral analysis (Deep Guard) might not always react the same way in every scenario. For the different detection rates, it could be due to the slight differences in the systems' configurations or update timings. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to F-Secure support for further assistance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.