Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I hope this is where I should post this request for help. I originally posted it in an AVG thread. Here's the problem. I get a "This is a multi-part message in MIME format" up in a white pop up after hitting the scan button in AVG Internet Security 2014. It is a rather long message with a mix of other words and what looks like jibberage when you scoll down toward the bottom, and remains up for several seconds with no way to close it. This also shows inside the scan info box after the scan finishes? I googled it and tried some of the suggestions I found that had to do with file association and reseting I.E browser, but it is still happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
Could you post a screenshot?
Thanks. I just uninstalled it, but here is a link to the AVG forums that shows the problem. In the first post you can see a print screen of AVG 2012 by clicking on it and enlarging it. I tried the fix someone posted there. Apparently it has been going on for a awhile, considering the date of the thread.I can install it again and take a screenshot, but let me know if this helps first. Take care.
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=206541

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From what I gathered (from URL provided), it's an Internet Explorer issue. And since AVG uses in-product advertisement, that's why those message/errors appear.

Upvote 0

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Earth said:
From what I gathered (from URL provided), it's an Internet Explorer issue. And since AVG uses in-product advertisement, that's why those message/errors appear.
I think you may be on to something here. I reset I.E but maybe I need to look into this more from a Internet Explorer problem stand point. Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Well I'm done. Reinstalled AVG I.S. after using AVG removal tool, Set Internet Explorer to original state via microsoft fix it tool. And guess what? Same pop up. What ever is causing this, AVG isn't worth any more of my time. No other AV does this, and there are better AV's out there including free ones. Thanks for everyone's input. If you heae of this and figure anything out let me know. It still bugs me that I can't figure it out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.