Cyren.com Test - THIS Looks Impressive.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
FREE SCAN.... You Do NOT have to giver personal information to run the free test.
http://www.cyren.com/security-test....utm_medium=banner&utm_source=website_homepage

This Company Sales AV products / software and are members of AV Comparatives.

In fact I went to AV Comparatives and these people are on their approved vendor list....

NOTE: This company is really someone you all know....It's F-Prot as described by CMLew... I found some interesting comments about this antivirus, and the price is incredible.

Do the test with IE, Firefox does not work. I had to turn Off Ad Blocker.

Is your web security really working?

Try our free online web security test to identify gaps in your web security. In less than 30 seconds, you will know if you may be vulnerable to cyber threats – from malware to phishing attacks to botnets. You can also have a diagnostic report of the results emailed to you.

Here is some info about this company.

Answers to the most common questions we receive
  • How long has the company been around and involved in the AV Industry?
    We have been in this business since the very first days viruses appeared on micro-computers, now referred to as PCs. We have been processing virus samples since about 1988.

• What is special about CYRENs vs. other AV SDKs?
    Award-winning, multi-layered detection – The SDK is based on a unified platform with multiple detection technologies for maximum protection. Zero-hour detection is ensured by the flexible architecture that enables fast reaction to new threat types. CYREN AV continually proves its superior detection in product evaluations. For this reason it has been selected by industry leaders, such as Google, Websense and Microsoft.

Industry leading performance & scalability – The SDK excels at rapid object processing (particularly clean files which are the majority on most systems) and consumes very low resources. The CYREN engine has numerous proven deployments requiring less than half the servers compared to other solutions. This advantage is especially clear on sites where CYREN runs alongside a second AV engine. A complete evaluation of CYREN’s AV benefits from integration of the SDK into the OEM environment to illustrate this large resource saving.

Maximum operational flexibility – The SDK is easily integrated as a standalone AV or with multiple engines. Additionally the tiny SDK footprint supports deployment on a wide range of platforms and environments. These advantages have convinced vendors such as McAfee to deploy CYREN alongside their own solutions. The flexibility of implementation has made CYREN the choice for a wide range of solutions, from the smallest network appliances and desktop clients to carrier-grade network clouds.

• How do you name malware?
    As far as naming is concerned we try to be as close as possible to the CARO naming convention. We may append the name of the heuristic detection mini-engine. Therefore the name could be CARO_name!generic or CARO_name!heuristic_mini-engine.
  • The CYREN solutions we know are all based in the cloud. Is antivirus a cloud-based solution?
    Most virus detections are handled by the SDK, which resides locally on the server or device. The SDK utilizes multiple engines to detect viruses based on heuristics, file signatures and other proprietary techniques. However, in some cases the SDK will query the cloud for final verification.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
IN all the tests below I will change out AV, or IS, but leave Hitman Pro Alert, Windows Firewall Control, NVTERP installed for each test....

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
When i try to test it keeps getting stuck on Testing your vulnerability to Anonymizing Website in Cyberfox and Slimjet. :(

Turn off ad blocker and use IE

Reactions: shukla44
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I don't trust this..
How would a site that doesn't use https be trustworthy in testing MY security?
...and it wants me to turn off my adblocker...and will "help" me by taking my email address to send me a "report".
No Chance!!

I love your devotion to security...

BUT these people sale AV software and are members of AV Comparatives.

In fact I went to AV Comparatives and these people are on their approved vendor list....

Also I am the one who said turn off your ad blocker.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I love your devotion to security...

BUT these people sale AV software and are members of AV Comparatives.

Also I am the one who said turn off your ad blocker.
I don't believe that is enough to make them trustworthy...
IMO It is a con-trick in order to collect tracking data and email addresses.
Marketo's custom JavaScript tracking code, called Munchkin,is in operation on the site.
(Marketo is blocked by several anti-tracking filter lists in uBlock)

The privacy policy of Cyren states-
"We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns"

No thank you.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I don't believe that is enough to make them trustworthy...
IMO It is a con-trick in order to collect tracking data and email addresses.
Marketo's custom JavaScript tracking code, called Munchkin,is in operation on the site.
(Marketo is blocked by several anti-tracking filter lists in uBlock)

The privacy policy of Cyren states-
"We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns"

No thank you.

OK since you guys are chicken I will test all the AV's.....LOL. (I have lots of Macrium Images)

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Here's the test for Avira Internet Security (Latest Version)

4 vulnerabilities found
fail
test-common-virus-fail.png
Common Virus
pass
test-zipped-virus-pass.png
Zipped Virus
fail
test-botnet-fail.png
Botnet
fail
test-phishing-fail.png
Phishing
fail
test-anonymizing-fail.png

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I don't trust this..
How would a site that doesn't use https be trustworthy in testing MY security?
...and it wants me to turn off my adblocker...and will "help" me by taking my email address to send me a "report".
No Chance!!

Lets be totally honest... You DO NOT have to give your email address to do this free test.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.