App Review Thor Premium Home Tested 7.12.19

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Did you watch the video?
It was not stable.
I would avoid it judging from this test.
If you want something with Avira signatures F-Secure can also be an option.
Heimdal is another new guy wth bul-bul features. looks stunning for the new eyes.
F secure is enough, if you are a fan of "H+BEDV Datentechnik " detections !

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Did you watch the video?
It was not stable.
F-Secure doesn't get along with my PC. I installed the trial version. It made my PC sluggish to the point of being unresponsive and it crashed several times. I had to uninstall it the same day.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
F-Secure doesn't get along with my PC. I installed the trial version. It made my PC sluggish to the point of being unresponsive and it crashed several times. I had to uninstall it the same day.

Then I would go with Avira. While I see F-Secure as a better alternative but Avira is not bad and will offer great protection.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Its to expensive,even with there 65 or 70 % off,does a okay job,not a top program,rather have Eset ,Kaspersky , Norton or Bitdefender Internet security programs,ran heavy on my system,no firewall,no Vpn ,no optimizer,really prefer programs that have there own virus scanner,protection ,ect.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Did you watch the video?
It was not stable.

Did you watch it?

The only slowdown/crash issue was on a huge directory of OLD malware and the video creator himself states otherwise the product was exceptionally fast. Based on what I see in the video, the emulation aspect of the engine was struggling with the limited resources in his VM so nobody should be surprised. Also, what is the chances a normal user will run into a directory on their system with hundreds of pieces of old trash malware requiring hundreds of states of emulation at once?

Based on this test, Thor Premium did very well overall. Just add a Phishing Extension to the browser and you are good to go. I found Thor Premium to be fast, lightweight, and offering excellent protection with Avira Bloat or F-Secure Shenanigans.

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
I understand that the version you tested is not really current, right now it is:
0.png

Thanks for the time you spent testing, I hope you will do another follow-up video with the new version released today.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.