Thoughts on Dr Web?

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I only use the boot cd version because the main program is too heavy for my liking and plus it can save files from malware as long it doesn't get killed by malware,which in that case i use the boot cd.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
1,I am not a Avira fanboy 2, and Avira has like the best ransomware shield..
I can tell u for a fact that avira pro is bad against ransomware. I have test it so many times, like most of the avs and avira is mediocore against new threads. They have one of the best signatures avaiable and a good cloud and thats it. i realy, realy dont know your lovestory with avira, but hey, it seems to go deep^^. But this is about dr.web and dr.web is in some fields way better than avira, for example malware removal. That is for sure my last comment here. have a nice day.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I can tell u for a fact that avira pro is bad against ransomware. I have test it so many times, like most of the avs and avira is mediocore against new threads. They have one of the best signatures avaiable and a good cloud and thats it. i realy, realy dont know your lovestory with avira, but hey, it seems to go deep^^. But this is about dr.web and dr.web is in some fields way better than avira, for example malware removal. That is for sure my last comment here. have a nice day.
Put to the test for 12 months: This is how well security packages and special tools help after an attack

Reactions: Evandro and frogboy

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Dr Web excels at detecting PUPs. A few months ago, I scanned a few hundred installers, many of which were for PUPs with 50 different antivirus/antimalware softwares. Dr Web detected 206 of the installers, Zemana came second with just 92 files detected, followed by ESET (88) and Malwarebytes (81). Whle there may have been some false postives, and as well PUPs are often wrongly detected as PUPs by security software, Dr Web detected 149 of the installers as being unwanted.

When I scan installers at at VirusTotal, Dr Web will often be the only scanner at VirusTotal that will detect an installer as being unwanted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.