Advice Request Thunderbird Question (inline image not showing)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Ok so work sent me an invite for a catchup meeting for next week. Problem is the screenshot clipped image with the number and pin for the call doesn't show in TB but does in Windows Mail.

TB looks like:

1603380953424.png

The image link just opens blank tab. View is set to Original html and theres no warnings about remote images

Windows Mail looks like:

1603380692260.png

I think I'll have to go back to WM if all else fails, I just hate WM layout and minimal options.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Ok so work sent me an invite for a catchup meeting for next week. Problem is the screenshot clipped image with the number and pin for the call doesn't show in TB but does in Windows Mail.

TB looks like:

View attachment 247721

The image link just opens blank tab. View is set to Original html and theres no warnings about remote images

Windows Mail looks like:

View attachment 247720

I think I'll have to go back to WM if all else fails, I just hate WM layout and minimal options.
No solution for your TB problem, but eM Client could be an alternative to WM for you:

Upvote 0

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
No solution for your TB problem, but eM Client could be an alternative to WM for you:
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Upvote 0

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
It's worth noting the sender's HTML signature isn't showing either. Checking server and mail provider settings but yeah, probably simplify thing with WM.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.