Status
Not open for further replies.

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Hi all, I was wondering if you people could share your thoughts about this file. I would like to know if it is actually useful or does something for you, anything.

I have checked google a bit and I know that the file looks legit when it takes place on system32 folder however, there is no clear info about what this file does. I have deleted it multiple times and it comes back again and again everytime I update windows. One of the resasons I delete this file is because it does nothing for me, deleting equals no issues at all on my windows, I can't detect what changes after deleting this file. I hate seeing it coming back on the startup entries after any windows update.

Some info:

"Description: TiltWheelMouse.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems. The TiltWheelMouse.exe file is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. The file size on Windows 8/7/XP is 241,152 bytes.
space.gif

The program has no visible window. The application starts when Windows starts (see Registry key: MACHINE\Run). TiltWheelMouse.exe is not a Windows core file. The file is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. TiltWheelMouse.exe is able to record keyboard and mouse inputs and monitor applications. Therefore the technical security rating is 38% dangerous."

"TiltWheelMouse.exe is known as McAfee Endpoint Encryption, it also has the following name pximouse or and it is developed by unknown , it is also developed by Pixart Imaging Inc. We have seen about 100 different instances of TiltWheelMouse.exe in different location."

2pqpflh.png

Do you have this file running? do you know what does it for you? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't have that specific file on my system, so likely that TiltWheelMouse.exe is something related to your third party program.

Likely you need to conduct a round up check from programs you install.

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I don't have that specific file on my system, so likely that TiltWheelMouse.exe is something related to your third party program.

Likely you need to conduct a round up check from programs you install.

It's okay, Microsoft installs this file on my machine when there is a windows update. It does not come with any third party software I could install on my computer. It looks like it's some kind of Mouse driver, but that's not true since my mouse has worked 10/10 always without this file. I find this file dangerous or at least not 100% safe so I always remove it after a windows update.

Reactions: upnorth

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I found this:
What is TiltWheelMouse.exe ? TiltWheelMouse.exe info
There are very mixed opinions, when you search tiltwheelmouse.exe on Google, the first option is tiltwheelmouse.exe virus - VirusTotal says it's safe.

Hope this helps, Have a good day :)

Regards,
AMR

Thank you man, however I got rid of it a long time ago, there was no reason for it to be running since it never made any difference while running or not. It got installed by windows update as a mouse driver tag, but my mouse works at 100% of it's functions with or without this file, so I just got rid of it. No issues at all.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Thank you man, however I got rid of it a long time ago, there was no reason for it to be running since it never made any difference while running or not. It got installed by windows update as a mouse driver tag, but my mouse works at 100% of it's functions with or without this file, so I just got rid of it. No issues at all.

I see you have Skype better uninstall that before you are going to get hack.

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I see you have Skype better uninstall that before you are going to get hack.
It's gone too, I uninstalled almost all apps that came pre installed with win 10 updates.
PD: To get hack is a bit unlikely since Firewall aggressive policies won't allow easy data leak, there will be suspicious request alerts from the HIPS too, they should bypass KeyScrambler if they want any password, and they also should invest a lot on decrypting my data; if they even want it lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.