tim one

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Just a fresh update of my old configuration :)
Macrium is very effective creating OS images, stored on external HDD.
I've also created a Macrium Boot CD to restore an OS image in case Windows is corrupted.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Very nice configuration you got there @tim one ! Frequently used System Utilities:Ccleaner, HDD Sentinel, Revo Uninstaller Free, Shadow Defender, VirtualBox, Process Hacker, SecureMyBit all great! Are you using the professional version of HDD Sentinel?

I have a hunch that Revo Uninstaller may through a sale on for Black Friday if your interested (just a hunch though).

Shadow Defender is great! I have been using this software for so many years - simply amazing software.

SecureMyBit is great as well! I have been testing this out and @JM Security you got some great stuff going! Very great indeed.

Once again, excellent configuration @tim one !

tim one

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Very nice configuration you got there @tim one ! Frequently used System Utilities:Ccleaner, HDD Sentinel, Revo Uninstaller Free, Shadow Defender, VirtualBox, Process Hacker, SecureMyBit all great! Are you using the professional version of HDD Sentinel?

I have a hunch that Revo Uninstaller may through a sale on for Black Friday if your interested (just a hunch though).

Shadow Defender is great! I have been using this software for so many years - simply amazing software.

SecureMyBit is great as well! I have been testing this out and @JM Security you got some great stuff going! Very great indeed.

Once again, excellent configuration @tim one !
It is HDD Sentinel Standard edition, I got it thanks to an old giveaway and really it should be installed on all the systems to have a reasonable estimate of the HDD life.:)
About Revo Unistaller, I am considering the purchase of the Pro edition, which uses a refined algorithm.
Usually, the uninstaller incorporated in many software, delete just a part of the files created during the installation process, ignoring many leftovers.
Specialized apps such as Revo carry out an excellent work and if you usually install and uninstall applications, the benefit is great.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
It is HDD Sentinel Standard edition, I got it thanks to an old giveaway and really it should be installed on all the systems to have a reasonable estimate of the HDD life.:)
About Revo Unistaller, I am considering the purchase of the Pro edition, which uses a refined algorithm.
Usually, the uninstaller incorporated in many software, delete just a part of the files created during the installation process, ignoring many leftovers.
Specialized apps such as Revo carry out an excellent work and if you usually install and uninstall applications, the benefit is great.

I couldn't agree more @tim one ! I believe HDD Sentinel should be in every configuration so that everyone knows what their SSD/HDD life is currently like.

Revo is an excellent piece of software that I highly recommend everyone to take a look at.

tim one

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Ccleaner uninstalled because of:

- suspicious and randomly connections to remote IPs outside any reasonable context.

Off-Topic - CCleaner 5.37 - Do you trust it 100%?

- previous detection of CCupdate.exe by Emsisoft as a suspicious file.

Just these doubts are enough for me to get rid of it, waiting for the next Kerish Doctor giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.