Advice Request To use Delta or Not.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
So as you guys know when you want to restore an image after testing new software ETC, if your using Macrium Reflect you can choose to restore using Enable Rapid Delta Restore, which is very fast, or not using it which is about 4X slower.

So my question is if you do use delta restore is the restored image as thorough or is there still junk on the hard drive, after you tested out some new software.

This has been bothering me for awhile. I like the hard drive to not have residue on it

Thanks

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
These guys working on something totally different. But they say, security software (What's out there now, will not work). Something about Demonsaw, and a new device to plug into your pc or router.

https://www.the-parallax.com/2016/09/15/john-mcafee-created-antivirus-reinvent-qa/

Quote:

Through his new company, John McAfee Global Technologies, formerly called MGT Capital Investments, McAfee has acquired the rights to develop Anderson’s decentralized file-sharing encryption software, Demonsaw. He has also made Anderson, known in hacker circles as Eijah, its chief technology officer.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Rapid Delta Restore and Clone only works on paid version...

So my question is if you do use delta restore is the restored image as thorough or is there still junk on the hard drive, after you tested out some new software.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
The person to ask would be @therollbackfrong over at Wilders. He's heavy into disk imaging and has above average experience\knowledge. I'm fairly sure he has used MR paid - but I'm not sure if it is most recent version.

I never used Macrium Reflect paid. I guess I didn't say it right... very few users have MR paid - and therefore it is likely that you will not get a reply.

Sorry buddy...

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Indeed I use MR paid, and not only use the Rapid Delta restore, but have also been using the new CBT driver beta. It is super fast, expecially if you take hourly incrementals which I do. When you do a Rapid Delta restore you get back exactly what you imaged.

I was one of the people who help Froggie (Therollbackfrog) test version 6 when we got our hands on it and some of the stuff I did to it was nasty. Never failed. Rod I have Acrobat Pro xi on my system. I trialed there new version which uninstalled the old and then installed the new. It was a 4gb data swap out. The restore back took one minute 58 seconds and it was a perfect restore.

Using the new CBT driver, my hourly incrementals average 40seconds. As for restores I already have several hundred under my belt. All of them perfect.

If you have any other questions fire away.

Pete

Oh as a PS. One of the ways I test imaging software, is start a restore, then wait about a minute or two and do a power reset. This then leaves a trashed system. THen I do another restore. It better pass.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Indeed I use MR paid, and not only use the Rapid Delta restore, but have also been using the new CBT driver beta. It is super fast, expecially if you take hourly incrementals which I do. When you do a Rapid Delta restore you get back exactly what you imaged.

I was one of the people who help Froggie (Therollbackfrog) test version 6 when we got our hands on it and some of the stuff I did to it was nasty. Never failed. Rod I have Acrobat Pro xi on my system. I trialed there new version which uninstalled the old and then installed the new. It was a 4gb data swap out. The restore back took one minute 58 seconds and it was a perfect restore.

Using the new CBT driver, my hourly incrementals average 40seconds. As for restores I already have several hundred under my belt. All of them perfect.

Pete

Thanks Pete... not many paid MR users around here...

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author

Pete

Oh as a PS. One of the ways I test imaging software, is start a restore, then wait about a minute or two and do a power reset. This then leaves a trashed system. THen I do another restore. It better pass.

Thanks very nice info... Just what I was looking for.... If only the US gov was this efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.