• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already follow some

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
3… 2… 1… Happy New Year! As the fireworks fade and the flow of champagne slows to a trickle, the conversation on New Year’s Eve inevitably comes around to what everyone wants to achieve over the next 12 months.

For some, this involves looking back at the year that was and identifying areas where there’s room for improvement. From a tech security point of view, backups were an obvious weak point for many, with research from BackBlaze indicating that just 9 percent of people backed up their most precious data daily in 2017, while more than 1 in 5 never made any backups at all!

Whether you want to lose weight, stop smoking or strengthen your security practices, sticking to a New Year’s resolution all comes down to having a game plan. While we might not know much about sculpted six packs or be able to help you give up your vice of choice, nobody does it better than us when it comes to IT security strategy.

Here are 10 New Year’s tech security resolutions to help you get your computer in the best shape of its life and ready for the threats that lurk in 2018.

Read More Here

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Spring Cleaning is what I am doing. I detest how you uninstall a program and it still leaves files in AppData and ProgramData folders. Even Revo Uninstaller misses them at times. But running a Forced Uninstall and typing in the folder name usually rectifies this.

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
Spring Cleaning is what I am doing. I detest how you uninstall a program and it still leaves files in AppData and ProgramData folders. Even Revo Uninstaller misses them at times. But running a Forced Uninstall and typing in the folder name usually rectifies this.
One word. "McAfee". :ROFLMAO:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Anyone else following this list?

Recently cleaned my physical computer. Got rid off dust and reapplied heatpaste. Lower temps, quiet fan. Worth it. :D

I'm going out of order but I'm working on #4 by opting out of all the data brokers:
Master List of Data Broker Opt-Out Links -
Ever since ISPs can track you, I'm taking things into my own hands and use all alleys to keep my data away from them.

My other goal is #6 to change all of my passwords once and close accounts that I don't need to reduce exposure. If only LastPass had an automated way to update all passwords, but that would require incredible scripting skills since each domain is different.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.