Top 5 Internet Security Suites 2012?

P

Plexx

ESET SS uses around 80mb but cant be compared to the resource draining of KAV/KIS when doing scans.

I know ESET is not known for a good removal rate etc (compared to good old version 2.7 of NOD32) but still decent.

I know most users would say NIS since its install and forget, others swear by KIS.

It really depends on the user who is behind the keyboard and his/her knowledge.

on a space of 1 month, doing the same type of tests between a given amount of Internet Security programs, you might find some that scored low on the first test might score higher on another.

Thats my personal opinion

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
iScream said:
If I experience slowness that is a fact and not personal opinion.

Call it a personal fact then, because others running the suite may not have the same problem.

iScream said:
If a security suite such as Bitdefender contains too many bugs and is a resource hog, that isn't a personal opinion, but a fact as well.

If it is a resource hog on every system it is installed on, then sure. If it is only a resource hog on a small subset of systems, again, more of an anecdotal personal experience.

In a nutshell, MrXidus is saying, try them yourself and decide which one(s) you like.

I do agree the only way that you will know how a product will run on your system is to get it a trial long enough to get some accurate results.

However most users want some kind of general guideline of what runs light and heavy before they want to go through all of the trial test runs for each product. For like BitDefender, if you read the advertisements for it, BitDefender sounds like a perfect solution. But when reading security forums and user reviews on download sites (the ones not created by the vendor) you will get a totally different view of the product and almost all say it is a resource hog, bloatware, full of bugs, etc. These user reviews are from different user experience and different systems but the end result is almost the exact same. That is called the general guideline.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
CIS is really designed for advance/ experience users as popups from its component were really complicated.

While Emsisoft does have a solid detection rate but its FP rate were highly rated too as due from its signatures/heuristics.

Which these 2 suites have the same on cons from them so its a matter of experience by user when they were dealing it.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I like both of those, and I didn't have many FP'S when I was using eam.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.