App Review Total Security 360 vs Wanna Cry Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
to my pc working the right click . Is sure the problem is because you are at usa??

No it's a simple thing that happens in a Windows "Standard User Account" and with many of the elements of 360. In a normal "Administrator" account, this doesn't happen. I think it has to do with the file responsible for the Explorer context element. I would need to set it to "Run As Administrator", but I can't determine what exactly does this in 360.

This is one area where Qihoo haven't done much thinking. Their concept is to make everything off limits in an SUA. If I go into the system's main Admin account, however, no problem. It works perfectly there. I actually had to set these in the Qihoo main program folder to "Run As Administrator" from their right click Properties:

Qihoo.png

That was to get access in the Standard User Account (a.k.a.-Limited Rights Account) to the sandbox GUI so I can add apps to the Sandbox->My Toys setting in 360 sandbox settings. MS Office runs in the sandbox in both Admin and SUA, and I also have access to the green files access bar from Qihoo at the top of the sandbox. Wouldn't see the files access bar without setting the above processes as mentioned.

1 Qihoo.png

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
No it's a simple thing that happens in a Windows "Standard User Account" and with many of the elements of 360. In a normal "Administrator" account, this doesn't happen. I think it has to do with the file responsible for the Explorer context element. I would need to set it to "Run As Administrator", but I can't determine what exactly does this in 360.

This is one area where Qihoo haven't done much thinking. Their concept is to make everything off limits in an SUA. If I go into the system's main Admin account, however, no problem. It works perfectly there. I actually had to set these in the Qihoo main program folder to "Run As Administrator" from their right click Properties:

View attachment 196571

That was to get access in the Standard User Account (a.k.a.-Limited Rights Account) to the sandbox GUI so I can add apps to the Sandbox->My Toys setting in 360 sandbox settings. MS Office runs in the sandbox in both Admin and SUA, and I also have access to the green files access bar from Qihoo at the top of the sandbox. Wouldn't see the files access bar without setting the above processes as mentioned.

View attachment 196572
Finally we are fanatic chinese supporters:)

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
Good video. I still have a lot of respect for Total Security, however the results did manage to ding my opinion of their default ability a little bit.
.....Scratch that, I still consider TS360 the most underrated AV in the game.

Reactions: stefanos and AtlBo

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
this is real test in real world :oops::oops::oops:
In the Real world, only a moron open unknown files:notworthy:
let the RW destroy his/her windows if he wants to click everything blindly (Not Av fault).
360 cloud is good. its based on the whitelist/blacklist, if u have a file that is unknown to 360(not in the 360 blacklist or whitelist)it automatically sends it to 360 FOR AI and cloud sandbox test. if the malware bypasses The Ai there is still a cloud to help you.
it takes time to show you the real analysis results(for me it took almost 36 hours). first, it shows the file is unknown but after 1 day it tells u if the file is really clean(no risk found) or its malware.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Last edited:

InnoScorpio

Level 1
Jul 9, 2018
Good video. I still have a lot of respect for Total Security, however the results did manage to ding my opinion of their default ability a little bit.
.....Scratch that, I still consider TS360 the most underrated AV in the game.
Qihoo is probably the most overrated AV in China since Tencent has a better behavior blocker and a higher market share. Tencent is the underrated AV in China. I think K7 is the most underrated AV in the world. K7 has a very good behavior blocker and AV. K7 is not getting as much recognition as compared to what Qihoo and the other major AV vendors have been receiving.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.