Toyota launches new Land Cruiser with beefed-up car security

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Toyota has installed a fingerprint identification system for the first time for any of its vehicles as part of its measures to prevent car theft, with earlier models of the Land Cruiser particularly targeted by thieves as it attracts high prices as a secondhand car.

The fingerprint authentication system for operating the car works when the driver steps on the brakes and touches a sensor near the steering wheel. The engine does not start unless the driver's fingerprint matches one of those preregistered, according to the automaker.

I have added fingerprint authentication to my smartphone and bank card. However, authentication is not perfect, and depending on the condition of your fingertips, it is often not authenticated.
I'm a little skeptical about biometrics in cars.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
At least Toyota is making and effort to stop vehicle theft. Not the best solution, but it's a good start.

While thieves or hackers will find a way to bypass most security measures eventually, at least it can slow them down,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.