TP-Link smart bulbs can let hackers steal your WiFi password

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Researchers from Italy and the UK have discovered four vulnerabilities in the TP-Link Tapo L530E smart bulb and TP-Link's Tapo app, which could allow attackers to steal their target's WiFi password.
TP-Link Tapo L530E is a top-selling smart bulb on multiple marketplaces, including Amazon. TP-link Tapo is a smart device management app with 10 million installations on Google Play.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
From that article:
Disclosure and fixing

The university researchers responsibly disclosed their findings to TP-Link, and the vendor acknowledged them all and informed them they would implement fixes on both the app and the bulb’s firmware soon.

However, the paper does not clarify whether these fixes have already been made available and which versions remain vulnerable to attacks.

BleepingComputer has contacted TP-Link to learn more about the security updates and impacted versions and will update this post as soon as we hear back.

As general advice for IoT security, it is recommended to keep these types of devices isolated from critical networks, use the latest available firmware updates and companion app versions, and protect accounts with MFA and strong passwords.

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Hey ! This must be very important security news for the users. Tell the users more so that they can secure their data.
My brother, I am doing my best to provide this news, and providing this information is an aspect of protection.
Knowing about a danger is different from not knowing about it.
I'm currently not aware of any solutions for this TP-Link Tapo L530E.
The developer may fix possible vulnerabilities
And the published article has some protection guidelines
I hope you are not at risk and thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.