App Review [TPSC] Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware | Free tool for everyone

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
M

MalwareBlockerYT

I watch every single TPSC video & am actually a friend of his. He did a great job testing this product & I would recommend it to anyone. However, if you have Kaspersky Internet Security then you cannot run this tool as well as the internet security product - same signatures anyway.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
First time i installed it it gave an error that a driver failed to install:confused:
same here. It has never been installed in my main laptop. It may be because I used kaspersky uninstall tool so it gave many problems to my PC => also this one

W

Wave

It looks like Kaspersky blocked the ransomware samples shown in the test via static analysis detection (e.g. static heuristics) - the samples weren't executed properly since Kaspersky intervened before they could actually try to do anything, therefore Kaspersky didn't detect and block based on the samples actual behaviour (during execution).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.