Trace Updated to v2.0.1 for FF/Chrome

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For me trace replaced canvasblocker + privacy possum and isnt breaking any sites. Huge vouch(y)
If you are using FF I would suggest you disable the canvas fingerprint protection in Trace(and ScriptSafe) and use CanvasBlocker instead. Both have been tested here and CanvasBlocker is the superior one.

For effective canvas fingerprint protection the extension must be able to fake/obfuscate/randomize + hide its own fingerprint. So far of all the anti-fingerprint extension/feature only CanvasBlocker for FF manage to do it

You can remove Privacy Possum

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I still use Trace with CanvasDefender on Vivaldi. On Chrome you can manually updates your extensions by turning the Developer Mode on and clicking on "Update".

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Canvasblocker is breaking sites alot, i just installed trace on firefox instead and turned on recommended settings. Less worry

Reactions: harlan4096

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Canvasblocker is breaking sites alot, i just installed trace on firefox instead and turned on recommended settings. Less worry
You just whitelist the sites will do. CanvasBlocker is having some issues with MalwareTips as well so I just whitelist it

Reactions: Moonhorse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.