Thread author
May 17, 2012
virustotal:clean
https://www.virustotal.com/url/7fc5d660a.../analysis/

urlvoid:eek:nly wot mark as unclean
http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/themobiletracker.com/

Z

ZeroDay

Judging by the services the site offers I'm not supprised the VT returns clean results. I don't believe the site is infected, but it definatly looks like a scam. Maybe a way to get mobile numbers to spam?

WOT does not and cannot mark a site 'as unclean' WOT works by offering a reputation service and that site has a bad reputation.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
ZeroDay said:
Judging by the services the site offers I'm not supprised the VT returns clean results. I don't believe the site is infected, but it definatly looks like a scam. Maybe a way to get mobile numbers to spam?
have you seen the result of tracker :p
no need real number and i dont think people enter real mobile number a fake will do the trick

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks like a site that all it wants is your money.

Z

ZeroDay

I'd personally strear clear of the site but that's just my opinion and WOT'S of course.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I know this stupid scam sites. They may keep messaging spam to you. Dont try such services. If you want to find a service provider of a number.
1) enter first 3 digits and google to find out which country it belongs to
2) Check wikipedia article on that coutries mobile no. and comapre starting digits of the no to those of the particular operator given on wikipedia.
For eg: In India 9167 is for vodafone. 900 is Bharati Airtel. While 8xx is for videocon and aircel.
Also take note if that country has MNP ie Mobile No portability it is very difficult to asses the cell phone carrier. Like India Us have MNP.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
I know this stupid scam sites. They may keep messaging spam to you. Dont try such services. If you want to find a service provider of a number.
1) enter first 3 digits and google to find out which country it belongs to
2) Check wikipedia article on that coutries mobile no. and comapre starting digits of the no to those of the particular operator given on wikipedia.
For eg: In India 9167 is for vodafone. 900 is Bharati Airtel. While 8xx is for videocon and aircel.
Also take note if that country has MNP ie Mobile No portability it is very difficult to asses the cell phone carrier. Like India Us have MNP.

Please Note this site is not for checking or tracking a mobile number,if you enter any number like 1234567890 or 0987654321 it will only show that its tracking the number location and show some sattelite image and then a funny picture appears,thats all

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I know that Stranger. I am writing a guide to track a no. I also know what that fake pic is. I gave my own out of service no. Its a big stupid joke.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.