Advice Request Trainbit offers 5 TB free backup. Is it worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I don't know the service but it seems to be running since 2006. I tested and it worked. It seems too good to be true... but i'll let you decide and discuss what is the catch.

site: Online backup storage | Online collaboration

1584667884849.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
There is not much information about it online. However I did find the following.
Trainbit offers 20GB of free storage. However, there is some key takeaway that you should take note after me trying them out.

My first impression was kind of skeptical in putting faith and confidence in Trainbit. It’s usable for all mean but it just lacks trust as I had no idea on their company, product, and backgrounds in which everything. Secondly, the uploading was OK but it will halt and cancel by itself if you try to navigate away while it was uploading.

In conclusion, there is way much better service out there. At least, it should be less dodgy (from my experience and impression during my encounter). I will most likely be skipping this one.
The above review only mentions 20GB for free, but I believe it still provides worthwhile information and that page gives and overview of 30 different free cloud storage providers, which is worth looking at.

Also, according to the following Reddit thread, inactive files get deleted after a month. However the post is from a year ago and things may have changed since then.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.