Transhumana's iPhone 6s config

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
It's not jailbroken.
I don't think that Apple devices have iris-scanning technology available yet, so... no, it's only fingerprint. :D

Reactions: ispx and Daljeet

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I personally like Firefox Focus as you can wipe your cookies and history in the press of a button. I like to keep location set to OFF just because I think Google and apple might be using that to target advertisements etc. But I might be wrong as I'm no expert.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I personally like Firefox Focus as you can wipe your cookies and history in the press of a button. I like to keep location set to OFF just because I think Google and apple might be using that to target advertisements etc. But I might be wrong as I'm no expert.
You're right I'm also not an expert. Google big revenue comes from advertisement. Google trace every user which they have ( Mostly we are using google search and google apps). Google creates a new service called "Google timeline". Google records your location everyday every second and publish this on timeline website . Go and find it "Google Timeline".
By Turn Off you location you're safe
On the other hand Apple tryes to stop Google. Apple developed a feature called anti tracking for safari to stop Google from tracking user over the Internet. Safari on ios 9 comes with ad blocker (in built) and New features (Ant tracking) is in beta.Apple trying to minimise Google profit from advertisements.
You can use adblocker to stop ads but most sites have script to detect adblocker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Transhumana

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I agree, that's why I prefer Firefox Focus to Safari, even though there were some reports that FF used to collect private user data. I'm not sure if those statements were correct. :)
I believe you're right, but somehow I've been keeping it set to ON mostly because of ATM-finding app, google maps, some games...

Reactions: ispx

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
My iPhone 6s configuration. Should I uninstall Adblock Plus and keep only Adguard?
You can uninstall ABP and just keep AG, but honestly there is no harm in keeping it unless it is eating up any ram or storage.

It's safe to say you are secure! If I could add something, I would add either Trend Micro or Norton, but honestly they don't do much on iOS and I would only recommend them if you have money to burn.

Reactions: Transhumana

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
You can uninstall ABP and just keep AG, but honestly there is no harm in keeping it unless it is eating up any ram or storage.

It's safe to say you are secure! If I could add something, I would add either Trend Micro or Norton, but honestly they don't do much on iOS and I would only recommend them if you have money to burn.

Thank you for your suggestion. :)
I have already uninstalled ABP , it seemed redundant as both FF and AdGuard provide content blocking. If I had a device with Android OS, I'd have definitely used some AV and anti-malware, but I have to agree with you - they really don't do much on iOS. On the other hand, I've been thinking of upgrading AG free version to AG Pro which provides VPN and lets you switch between different DNS service providers.

Well, Firefox does some data collection in its telemetry which it's enabled by default, but can be disabled in settings. Don't sure if firefox focus do the same.

In settings you can block ad trackers, analytic trackers and other content trackers as well as disable the "send anonymous usage data" option. Good enough for me. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.