App Review Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Great review as always!!
Trend Micro is a very good product with the BEST webfilter on the market today (and forticlient's webfilter on the free side of antivirus programs)
I like also the behavior blocker which is very powerful (if you set it correctly)
One thing also I've noticed is that Trend Micro doesn't slow down system start up time at all!!!!
It was incredible watching my machine starts up like there was no AV installed.
I think the new version (2015) will be even more lighter....

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Great review as always!!
Trend Micro is a very good product with the BEST webfilter on the market today (and forticlient's webfilter on the free side of antivirus programs)
I like also the behavior blocker which is very powerful (if you set it correctly)
One thing also I've noticed is that Trend Micro doesn't slow down system start up time at all!!!!
It was incredible watching my machine starts up like there was no AV installed.
I think the new version (2015) will be even more lighter....
Really? Like no AV installed? I am interested! Much lighter and faster than ESET?

W

wordsmith

Thread author
>>>>It was incredible watching my machine starts up like there was no AV installed.<<<<

ditto that :cool:

>>>>I think the new version (2015) will be even more lighter....<<<<

amen :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great review! I've always been a Trend fan/user. Their Web Protection, I seem to do me fine. Whenever I do come across a dodgy site, or want to do a bit of malware testing, I take it to the VM.

It's come quite far over the years. There's one part, that I wouldn't mind if they still had it installed in the program. Where you can view the computers on your network, and see if they protected by Trend, and if they are, make it do a scan from your machine. Easy if you have kids that keep stopping the scheduled scans!

Great review! Also love the intro/music for this video! :)

Reactions: Manzai

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Really? Like no AV installed? I am interested! Much lighter and faster than ESET?

To my machine yes, according the start up time it was faster than Eset.
I had noticed also that is probably because watching start up processes and items at msconfig,Trend Micro had only one service for start up, and nothing else.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I had noticed also that is probably because watching start up processes and items at msconfig,Trend Micro had only one service for start up, and nothing else.
Hmmm... is the detection rate at par with ESET?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I have watched certain reviews, PC securityChannel in its review of the 2015 beta, it has only 73% detection rate. MalwareDoctor, on the past 2014 review, it only got 40+ detection rate

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I have watched certain reviews, PC securityChannel in its review of the 2015 beta, it has only 73% detection rate. MalwareDoctor, on the past 2014 review, it only got 40+ detection rate

Yes, detection rate is not Trend Micro strong part. But it has the best webfilter on the market today plus a very strong behavior blocker (if you set it correctly)

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Yes, detection rate is not Trend Micro strong part. But it has the best webfilter on the market today plus a very strong behavior blocker (if you set it correctly)
Is the behaviour blocker good even if offline? Is protection good even if offline? I noticed it is cloud-based.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.