I accidentally installed trovi and after spending hours trying to remove it I think its mostly gone, hoever every time I run a scan it still shows up as a threat even though I can no longer see it in my browser. I've followed the guide and have no idea where to go from here so and help would be greatly appreciated.
- Operating System
- Windows 8
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 64-bit (x64)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
7/14/14, Downloaded an m4b to mp3 converter, must have accidentally accepted it when installing. Initially changed my browser to trovi.com, but I have adblock installed so no adds or popups.
- Current issues and symptoms
- Currently experiencing no issues, and got my browser homepage reset, but every time I run a scan the same malware is detected, even after deleting and rebooting.
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
- Initially did a system restore from before program was installed, removed any program installed that day, ran adwcleaner, adware-removal-tool, malewarebytes, and hitman. All detected trovi and claimed to have removed it but if I run scan again it shows up. Also re installed chrome.
53 KB Views: 106
53.7 KB Views: 130
1.4 KB Views: 78