Trovi Malware - "Run DLL" pop up box remains on windows startup after malware removal

Lester Romine

Thread author
Feb 2, 2014
I have followed recommended protocols to suceessfully remove the "Trovi" malware from my computer.
But have one minor problem.
The virus removal programs successfully removed the malware programs, as the program no longer runs on my computer.
But the malware appears to have left code in the windows startup directing the computer to run files which are now no longer present on my computer.
Problem is that this causes the following Windows Popup box "Run DLL" to come up , before any other windows startup programs run.

The Pop up box contains the following wording"

" There was a problem starting
C:\Users\LESTER\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll
The specified module could not be found."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the code lines in start up that lead to the popup box, so that it will no longer occur at computer start up.

Thanks.
Lester

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 113

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.