Icon color is brown.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 342

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Problem when I double click on the volume to access it a message pops up if I want to format it !!!

The message appears because Windows generally doesn't recognize a partition on the drive that has been inserted and asks for the formatting because the only thing it can do is to create a partition.
It does not seem to be a problem of data corruption but it is probably related to the controller that allows communication between the memory chip (where physically the data is located) and the computer. Each time you save or read a file from the pen drive the computer sends a command to the USB port. This command is received by the controller which interprets it and provides to query the memory chip to write or read the requested file.

Try reinserting the memory stick but If the problem is hardware, I see difficult to recover the files from that USB stick.
It is always important to have a working backup of these files.

zillah

Thread author
Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for that
>>Try reinserting the memory stick<<
I tried that still same issue

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Stumbled over this through " Similar Threads ". For any guests or members that wonder it's solved here : TrueCrypt unable to open hidden file

Quote : " You have to click on M which is the virtual drive that you mounted the D encrypted volume to. In other words on Windows its now the M drive not the D drive. "

Reactions: frogboy

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
I can't directly help with the TrueCrypt issue but I did want to notify you that TrueCrypt contains multiple security and performance issues in which has been fixed by it's branch-off version known as VeraCrypt.

Reactions: upnorth and XhenEd

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.