Trying to create a new config: What are your thoughts?

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I meant I was joking about amulets, magic potions and the tinfoil hat. I didn't say your config is a joke.

Your security config is over-built. Too many softs piled on-top of each other.
Ahh, I misunderstood.

I'll be removing what I can to lighten it up.

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Glasswire is heavy, and besides that, it just notifies. It doesn't block and ask you, it first allows and then notifies you what just happened.

ReHIPS is a great program, but has a bit of a learning curve. Worth the investment. It does more for you than Sandboxie does, because it is also an anti-exe and application control. And it is less prone to compatibility issues.
But Sandboxie is more flexible and elegant.

Have you considered AppGuard?
Ill investigate if I should still use Glasswire, but from using it as a network manager it seems pretty nice. Being a visual person this helps keep everything simple.

I'll check out AppGuard, but after watching a few videos on what they do and how they work, ReHIPS is slightly better IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I'll check out AppGuard, but after watching a few videos on what they do and how they work, ReHIPS is slightly better IMO.
Believe me, it is impossible to realize which is better for you by watching the videos. They are like two pairs of good shoes on the shelf in the shop - you can watch them for days, and still will not know which will suit you better.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Emsisoft Internet Security Sandboxie for browsers HitmanPro and Zemana to scan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.