Battle TuneUp Utilities or IObit Advanced SystemCare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
It depends if you want to spend money for TuneUp and if you want the ASC free or pro, i would never pay for tool like those, you can find free utilities for what they can do, They both use services so that can be a downfall for both, if i had to pick i would go ASC free because its free otherwise if you want to pay i would go for TuneUp

ChivasMex

Oct 22, 2011
Well, i would choose advanced system care because its free. Otherwise , i would choose tune up. Advanced System care does good in optimizing. I have advanced system care 5 beta 3 with no problems on my windows 7 sp1.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i prefer Windows 7 Manager, many many options and it don't install a service like Tune Up.

I agree, I love Windows 7 Manager. No extra processes, services or bloat.
Just use as you need and close it.

I like TuneUp in the past, but it has become too bloated and actually makes your system slower with all of the processes running in the background even if you disable auto maintenance.

Advanced SystemCare is a good freeware but the paid version is bloated like TuneUp.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me if someone like a freeware and don't want to waste money much then go to ASC Free but have limitations as you need to pay for PRO version.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I have tried both programs and I can say that the two programs doesn't offer much help after applying the tweaks and optimizations so you'll be getting a bloated maintenance utility. I have also used Windows 7 Manager and it's better than both programs but I tend to hate maintenance suites since they are expensive so I prefer my combo of free utilities which includes CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag, System Ninja and Ultimate Windows Tweaker.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
i have used both programs......both of them are simply great software......but i like tuneup utilities ....especially its program deactivator.......and its 2012 version is very light on system usage.....

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
What do you think about Auslogics BoostSpeed? I want to try it as I won a license from AskVG. :D

I've ever used it.
I am either wrong or, errors in the software.
this is my experience,
I do maintenance with all the tools in BoostSpeed​​.
but, when defrag my registry, I needed to reboot the machine, then I do it and, boomm. windows can not startup anymore. I repeated it many times.

then, I did reinstall my windows, it will solve the problem.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:
I've never used it.
I am either wrong or, errors in the software.
this is my experience,
I do maintenance with all the tools in BoostSpeed​​.
but, when defrag my registry, I needed to reboot the machine, then I do it and, boomm. windows can not startup anymore. I repeated it many times.

then, I did reinstall my windows, it will solve the problem.

Okay, Thank you for taking time to warn me :) BTW, I am happy with WinASO Registry Defrag, it's free.

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
- I've never used it.
- I do maintenance with all the tools in BoostSpeed​​.

ummmm... paradox here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.