Advice Request TunnelBear or Betternet VPN?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TunnelBear or Betternet VPN? Which is better?

• TunnelBear VPN

• Betternet VPN

• I have not tried these VPN's

• Other (Specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hello,
Quick question: Are those VPN's good for Online games(csgo,LoL,Dota,WoW), surfing the net etc?
Whats your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bribon77

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally, I do not use either of these VPNs. However, I have heard from others that TunnelBear is a bit better.

Personally I only trust Windscribe and ProtonVPN. Windscribe works for me for gaming, but user experience will differ depending on location, place, and time (general disclaimer here as with all VPNs).

Perhaps others can answer too!

Sincerely,

Brian

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Personally, I do not use either of these VPNs. However, I have heard from others that TunnelBear is a bit better.

Personally I only trust Windscribe and ProtonVPN. Windscribe works for me for gaming, but user experience will differ depending on location, place, and time (general disclaimer here as with all VPNs).

Perhaps others can answer too!

Sincerely,

Brian
Why u trust a company that is mining on your device? (Windscribe) They are way more trustworthly providers out there like AirVPN, one example for a realy good Provider. I Personaly stay miles away from companys like Windscribe. (I had a lifetimelicense for them)

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Why u trust a company that is mining on your device? (Windscribe) They are way more trustworthly providers out there like AirVPN, one example for a realy good Provider. I Personaly stay miles away from companys like Windscribe. (I had a lifetimelicense for them)
Can you give me the license? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello,
quick question: Are those VPN's good for Online games(csgo,LoL,Dota,WoW), surfing the net etc?
Whats your opinion?

PS: i forgot to add the poll,a mod can put it.
dont use both of them. If u only Care about games/speed u can try out NordVPN. If u care about privacy and anonymity too have a look at airvpn. U will hardly find a better Provider.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017

I don't use the mining feature of Windscribe. I have not seen them mine anything off of my machine, plus I have inbound and outbound connections heavily monitored. However, if you can provide me with more information about the mining I am quite interested. People can chose to mine with Windscribe though....This I do know. However, to the best of my knowledge the company is log less.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I don't use the mining feature of Windscribe. I have not seen them mine anything off of my machine, plus I have inbound and outbound connections heavily monitored. However, if you can provide me with more information about the mining I am quite interested. People can chose to mine with Windscribe though....This I do know.
The mining is only available on their website via a specific link at the bottom of the page and is completely optional. It's used purely as a way of getting a Pro subscription without having to provide any financial information to the company. It's not integrated into their desktop/mobile apps.
However, to the best of my knowledge the company is log less.
Not completely. They store the amount of bandwidth your account's consumed over a 1 month period. The amount is reset every month on the day you created your account.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
The mining is only available on their website via a specific link at the bottom of the page and is completely optional. It's used purely as a way of getting a Pro subscription without having to provide any financial information to the company. It's not integrated into their desktop/mobile apps.

Not completely. They store the amount of bandwidth your account's consumed over a 1 month period. The amount is reset every month on the day you created your account.

@Arequire Thanks for pointing this out and confirming what I knew. I didn't think I was crazy along with all of our other end-users who use this service.

Thanks for the correction - indeed they do keep track of GB of information passed through. However everything else isn't actually stored.

~Brian

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014

Yeah, I have heard quite a few people get worried/frustrated because Windscribe has a Mining service. I am not sure why, I guess they don't know that it is not incorporated into any of the apps. It is only available through their website like what you said and it shows you the progress of how much more you need to do to get Upgrades. Monthly reset of Bandwidth on Free, 10 GB Upgrade (Permament), 1 Month Pro etc. I feel Windscribe is a pretty trustworthy company.

Reactions: bribon77 and Rengar

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
For me are 4 good vpns: (rest of them are just "there"...pick one and you will not regret your choice)

1. ExpressVPN
2. Mullvad
3. VPN.ac
4. Nord VPN

Reactions: bribon77 and Rengar
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

I don't Think Use any VPN ( Even solid Lighting one ) is good Idea for gaming.
I Use both of them and Tunnel bear stand stronger ( Reliability and Speed ).
But There is many Other Solid Options.
Proton - Express & IPvanish have Great Speed and reliability.
( I Tested many many many VPN's :p )

Reactions: Weebarra and Rengar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.