turbomac adware on mac

dinothesaur

Thread author
Sep 29, 2016
Hi guys,

I seem to have the same problem as described in this thread:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/turbomac-adware.63769/

About a month ago I must have inadvertently downloaded Mackeeper. Which meant that my web browsers chrome and safari weren't opening websites (most of the time). I thought I got rid of it as the symptoms lessened. However, the last week or so turbomac ads pop up everywhere. some websites will be directed when I try and use a search bar or click on a hyperlink.

I have scanned with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and then deleted some things that it said to. however the problem is still persisting.

Any help would be great, thanks.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
I can help you, but I will need a minimum of 6 screenshots.

• Screenshot your Applications folder.

After that, open Finder, click on "Go" at the top of your screen, and click on "Go to Folder...".
Enter the following, and post a screenshot for each:
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons
  • /Library/Application Support
  • ~/Library/LaunchDaemons
  • ~/Library/Application Support
In the meantime, check your extensions/addons for all browsers you have installed and delete anything you're not sure about. You can add a screenshot of these items if you're unsure.

Reactions: LabZero

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.