Advice Request TVs

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Thread author
Sep 19, 2019
Buying TV in 2020 is nightmare. My first choise was OLED but i read about burn ins and that light room kill quality of OLED.
So i decided to check top models of Samsung and Sony. Sony colors looks better to me compare to Samsung, but Samsung picture is more sharpe and black color is better and nothing beat QLED when it comes to bright room.

Can anyone here with OLED tell me if bright room worsen quality and if burn in is still problem with latest TVs?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Buying TV in 2020 is nightmare. My first choise was OLED but i read about burn ins and that light room kill quality of OLED.
So i decided to check top models of Samsung and Sony. Sony colors looks better to me compare to Samsung, but Samsung picture is more sharpe and black color is better and nothing beat QLED when it comes to bright room.

Can anyone here with OLED tell me if bright room worsen quality and if burn in is still problem with latest TVs?
Burn in is still a problem of OLEDs, it’s inherent to the technology.

L

Local Host

Even though OLED have problems with burn-ins, the chance of it happening is low, and the chance of the damage being permanent even lower.

Is something to be aware of, but not something to be worried about.

You can turn down the brightness, and avoid having static images for long periods of time on your TV, to lower the small chances of burn-in even further.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Burn in is permanent, image retention is temporary. If you only watch movies and the occasional show in low light then an oled is perfect for you, if you watch a lot of news, programs with tickers or logos or use as a computer screen then chances of burn in is high.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

Always been partial to Vizio. Have you checked this out?

Best Value QLED TV: Vizio P Series Quantum X 2019

It's one of the brightest TVs we've tested and you can easily place it in a very bright room as glare isn't an issue.

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Thread author
Sep 19, 2019
No Vizio TVs in my country. I think i'll go with Sony XG.

I can't trust OLED since my kids game on TV too. I'm afraid burn in would appear pretty fast

Reactions: blackice

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
No Vizio TVs in my country. I think i'll go with Sony XG.

I can't trust OLED since my kids game on TV too. I'm afraid burn in would appear pretty fast
Looks like an excellent choice:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Looks like an excellent choice:
I agree, I have 2 Sony’s that are fantastic. I would always prefer Sony if I can afford it. They have exceptional color accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I agree, I have 2 Sony’s that are fantastic. I would always prefer Sony if I can afford it. They have exceptional color accuracy.
You know for awhile Samsung was actually making the panels FOR Sony. :ROFLMAO: But not anymore.

Reactions: blackice

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.