SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Most do live streaming on twitch and then put the content or highlights on youtube. No reason to not milk both cows.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Twitch for live content. YouTube for highlights.

OBS is definitely the best broadcaster. Free, too. I know XSplit was the first to come out, but no reason to pay a premium for something inferior.

I know a lot of people used Sony Vegas in the past (myself included), but Premiere seems to be the go-to now. Elements should be more than enough.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Twitch would be the friendly starter platform, depending on the game you are streaming, viewers would click on the game title and able to browse thru streamers, Also streamers can host other streamers to get more exposure, so make lots of friends in game and on twitch, whereas Youtube, it gets a little bit more complicated.

Use both platforms and see which one picks up more viewers for you, no harm in trying both.

What games do you stream?, PM me your twitch name, I'll be a follower and viewer :)

Reactions: SHvFl

dwayne22

Level 1
Verified
Jul 4, 2018
Twitch is good for streaming but they have limited audience so first start with twitch and then build your audience & then switch to youtube

Reactions: SumTingWong

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Twitch is good for streaming but they have limited audience so first start with twitch and then build your audience & then switch to youtube
YouTube is starting to look a bit better with their new Twitch-style channel subscriptions for monthly revenue. The ad revenue itself is terrible on YouTube and much better on Twitch. Two years later, I still agree with the majority of the posts above; Twitch to stream, YouTube for highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.