Twitter bans Russian Kaspersky Labs from buying Ads

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Meanwhile Google silently targets it's rival companies, their services, software, code, devices by exposing critical 0 day vulnerabilities, meanwhile selling it's adspace, pushing all apps blindly, to Chinese, Indian Cybercriminals, to host, serve malicious ads, apps to Google product users. *rolls eyes*
(y)(y)

D

Deleted member 65228

exposing critical 0 day vulnerabilities
Technically they are helping keep the digital world a safer place as well. If they expose then the vendor may be more pressured to patch if they decided not to care beforehand.

However I think they should focus more on their own stuff than Microsoft because Google services are FAR from perfect.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Technically they are helping keep the digital world a safer place as well. If they expose then the vendor may be more pressured to patch if they decided not to care beforehand.

However I think they should focus more on their own stuff than Microsoft because Google services are FAR from perfect.
It does seem more like a 'How many times can we make MS look bad and lead people to Chromebooks' Type thing. It would be real funny if some other company went to town on Google products security holes including Android lol.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Meanwhile big bully Google silently targets it's rival companies, their services, software, code, devices by exposing critical 0 day vulnerabilities, meanwhile selling it's adspace, pushing all apps blindly, to Chinese, Indian Cybercriminals, to host, serve malicious ads, apps to Google product users. *rolls eyes*

Google has been weaponized. No question about it.

Anyone that has seen searches disappear or suppressed search results knows.

D

Deleted member 65228

It does seem more like a 'How many times can we make MS look bad and lead people to Chromebooks' Type thing. It would be real funny if some other company went to town on Google products security holes including Android lol.
Oh no I do agree. I think Google do it on purpose to trash Microsoft and make themselves look better. However, if Microsoft wanted, they could do it back to Google... Google have important things to focus on like making their Chrome Web Store an actual friendly environment but instead they rather spend resources on finding Windows issues so that's on them.

I just meant that the more vulnerabilities they find in Windows, the sooner they get fixed. Not that they are any better.

Takashi94

Level 1
Verified
Mar 11, 2018
Google has been weaponized. No question about it.

Anyone that has seen searches disappear or suppressed search results knows.

Google gets paid HUGE to promote fake, impersonator sites, apps to top, as well as suppress conspiracy sites, they got my absolute hate when they removed search by image context menu, ability to open, get full image direct link from search, sadly they even removed the ability from source code, without leaving it alone. Instead of DMCA, which is very abused, used to bully, sue innocent downloaders, there should have been DMCSA(Digital Milennium Cyberspace Security Act) to sue, arrest Cybercriminals, protect Internet, make safer.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Oh no I do agree. I think Google do it on purpose to trash Microsoft and make themselves look better. However, if Microsoft wanted, they could do it back to Google... Google have important things to focus on like making their Chrome Web Store an actual friendly environment but instead they rather spend resources on finding Windows issues so that's on them.

I just meant that the more vulnerabilities they find in Windows, the sooner they get fixed. Not that they are any better.
Oh yeah, I completely agree. In the long run Google could even do themselves more harm once MS patch up all those security holes that Google found for them and then start repaying the favour once MS has sealed enough holes. MS, and indeed Windows users can definitely only benefit from this.

Takashi94

Level 1
Verified
Mar 11, 2018
Securelist is the best security bulletin, blog by an AV company imo.
It's US revenge, 'payback' by banning Kaspersky for protecting devices against their malware, for exposing their brainchild Equation Group, Flame.

Takashi94

Level 1
Verified
Mar 11, 2018
from last 3 years, everything that can possibly go wrong is just literally going wrong as Murphy's law states, with computing, internet, vendors don't care if their sold devices have heavy vulnerability in hardware implementation, don't care to fix in future devices neither, copyright owners literally attacking, suing innocent downloaders for watching their movie that they wanted to watch..... for fun, lot of best torrent sites either gone for good, or rebooted by a fan, or sometimes even impostors, some going private, internet filled with less legit downloads, excessive absurd DRM, 90% malicious sites, ads that dominate google searches, even DuckDuckGo does better non-biased search than Google.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.