Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This August, we find ourselves celebrating a significant milestone in Emsisoft’s journey. This year, we’re commemorating our 20th anniversary. It’s been two full decades of dedicated service, groundbreaking solutions, and unwavering commitment to cybersecurity, which would have been impossible without the continuous support from our partners, customers, and MSPs.

In this spirit of gratitude and reflection, we’re inviting you to join us on a walk down memory lane as we trace the evolution of Emsisoft from its humble beginnings to the formidable cybersecurity entity it has become today.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Can a company really be cutting edge though, with only 40 employees scattered all over? Or, are those days gone especially since Covid, where everyone was in the same building brainstorming with face-to-face dialogue? Yet, it sounds like he found and settled on his niche and is content with where he's at (must be by his lifestyle) and not trying to compete with the bigger vendors.

In a way, I find that refreshing. There is a show in the US on the History Channel called, "The (foods, cars, etc) that built America" and so much of the commentary is about how driven they were, and had to have more, more locations, wanting 2,000+ locations more money etc that I find myself saying, why? "Why can't you be content with your 5-10 stores and make a good living, live a longer life with less stress"? But I guess they're just a driven personality type.

@BryanB you posted the above while I was typing, and I totally agree :)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Remember Fabian Wosar, the genius when it came to decrypting various ransomware? I wonder if he's still with Emsisoft. Last I heard, he was in London somewhere but this was a few years ago.

Hope he's OK and busting some chops to this day. 💪

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.