Solved Two questions about some odd things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
The past week or so i noticed two things in Google Chrome that are in my opinion..odd!

1) Normally when i start Chrome my home page looks like this in the omnibox...

http://www.nu.nl/

But at times it suddenly looks like this?

http://www.nu.nl/#

Why is there at times a hash tag at the end of the address? My Hard Drive is scanned automatically by CIS twice a week, and on sunday nothing odd was found. On Monday i also made a full scan with a fully updated MBAM Free, and it also showed nothing was wrong.

Is that Hash Tag as i called lately normal or not?

===================================================

2) Since Yesterday i have some problems with loging in on MalwareTips. I use Lastpass and it has always worked with the auto login. But since yesterday i quit often have to retry with the login before it works. The password and username are correct by the way.

Now i might be taking things to far or something but could the update from Google Chrome yesterday have something to do with it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not a malware problem for sure.

My web programming knowledge is very basic, so I might be incorrect.
Some sites use ScrollSpy, similar to how Wikipedia URLs use # to jump to a certain part of the webpage.

Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Thank you Earth and MalwareVirus, that is a relief. :)

* Does any one have an idea for the second question?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anything related to this?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Staying-Logged-In?pid=130893#pid130893

Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
No it is not like that. I use Lastpass and it auto logs into MalwareTips, it worked until the latest Chrome update without a glitch. But after that it looks like it logs in but then shows the default theme with a red border around the username and password field. Now i just found out that after it tries to login and it shows the red borders...refreshing the page shows the forums as it should in the ProBlack theme for me. So it does login but i still get what i described in this post. I will go and make a screenshot, it will make things more clear then my attempt to explain it. :)

EDIT: Screenshot uploaded as attachement. That is the screen i get to see right after Lastpass logs in. If i refresh while on that screen then i get to see the forums in ProBlack theme and it shows that i am logged in anyway?

Attachments

• MalwareTips Glitch.jpg
    MalwareTips Glitch.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sounds like a similar case to, using the Login at the top is for the session only, but requires a Forced Refresh (Ctrl+F5) to view the changes. See here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Being-logged-out-Kept-login-in

In future use the Log in with Remember Me check on the Portal page, the left side column.

Can you test and see if it makes any difference?

Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well if i use the default theme, and login through the portal page then it works. But i prefer to have the forums page right away when coming here and i prefer the Pro Black theme, because the default theme does not get resized to fit the entire page?

Both very small annoyances, and i can set the theme back afterwards, but in my opinion it should not have to be done like this by me and others.

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
# is generally used for loading scripts especially Jquery ones which enables tabs and some cool animations.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.