Advice Request Two VPN in same computer

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65228

I've never tried to use two VPNs on the host environment at the same time because I always gathered it would be asking for trouble due to how they work. It's likely going to conflict and neither be in your best interest to attempt it because you can end up causing hassle for yourself, especially if you end up accidentally damaging components.

If you want two layers of encryption, your best bet is getting a hardware-based VPN and then combining it with a software-based VPN. That way you have one working from your router and one from your system.

Alternatively, you could use Kaspersky VPN and combine it with a proxy server. You can get a browser extension for a proxy. That wouldn't conflict because of the difference in how they work.

You could even use a hardware-based VPN, software-based VPN and a web-browser proxy extension... But you may experience a huge connection speed decrease when doing this.

All in all, it's in your best interest to stick to using one IMO.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
You can keep both (and add more if you need to) i couldn't get on with the Kaspersky so if/when i want to use a VPN i use Windscribe. I was never connected constantly to a VPN like some people do so not sure how that works, i guess you would need to disconnect from one to use the other.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

What I do in situations where I need security/privacy I establish a VPN via OpenVPN back to my home VPN server. Once that is established I then establish a second VPN connection over something like AirVPN, PIA, Nord or Proton on the computer in question. Essentially a cascaded VPN. Secured one back to home base, behind my security, once the split-tunnel is established I then have a second VPN over a commercial carrier.

Nested VPN's like this are highly secure. So yes, you can have two VPN's on the same system!

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
Nothing matters at all if you have several VPN software installed on your computer. If you want turn on one VPN software and find it rather slow to connect, you can turn it off and change to another. That's how I do because I have several VPNs installed on my computer.

I installed Hotspot Shield, Avira Phantom, Windscribe, TunnelBear, Freedome, and CyberGhost. All run well. :)

D

Deleted member 65228

I installed Hotspot Shield, Avira Phantom, Windscribe, TunnelBear, Freedome, and CyberGhost. All run well.
Do they work when used at the same time though?

I know having multiple installed at once will be fine but I don't know if trying to use more than once at once will work. I'm not sure if OP meant just to install many alongside or also use many at once...

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
Do they work when used at the same time though?

I know having multiple installed at once will be fine but I don't know if trying to use more than once at once will work. I'm not sure if OP meant just to install many alongside or also use many at once...

Naturally, you can only use one each time, not two or three at the same time, but you can install as many software as you wish.
Look! By the way, why do you need to switch on too many VPN software at the same time? What is it for???

Attachments

• VPN.png
    VPN.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 380

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
come on ..........keep Kaspesky and you will be just fine . Personally i only keep Avira whenever i install Avira Suite but normally i dont use any at all . Whats with this fixation of using two avs two of everything .

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i know but in general i have seen a lot of this kind of paranoia will two be safer better stronger ? in my old times it was only one av windows firewall or something else and your computer was just fine

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
What happens if you are running a standard VPN (like Windscribe) and use the VPN option on the Opera browser at the same time ?

Where does your network traffic go ?

Does a website think that you are at the Windscribe VPN location or the Opera VPN location ?

Does Opera VPN see your real IP address, or does it see the Windscribe VPN server address ?

Last edited:

Didie Farhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 3, 2015
Sorry for misunderstood. What i mean is can i use another vpn without uninstalled kaspersky vpn. Of course I will only use one vpn.

Reactions: Weebarra

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
VPN firmware on your router with a different VPN software on your computer, routed through the onion network would be my hardcore NETWORK security. (OS/Browser is a whole different issue)

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.