Status
Not open for further replies.

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
UAC4.png

Many people on "malwaretips.com" have said why do you need to know about exploits? Well this is very simple, I have ran into more information on the internet that "Python" exploits are more used. There are loads of exploits on newer Operating Systems now including in Metasploits! When your AV's fails to detect Malware, customers will need to know more about the next layer of security needed to secure there PC's. This got me also thinking about, should I still use UAC Mode or Applocker knowing what application that should be allowed or not? I have other ways not to get any UAC Popups on the users UAC Screen!

You can use any Remote Terminal and Execute these commands remotely for Applocker Security without DC's Domain Controllers, just using any small Networks using either Ncat or Telnet maybe your own Computer Backdoor without user authentication. First open a command prompt or Shell and type the following inputs! But anybody with the basic starter Windows version will not get the extra security such as Applocker!

Code:
1. Powershell
2. Import-Module Applocker
3. Get-Command *Applocker*
4. Get-AppLockerFileInformation –EventLog –EventType Denied –Statistics
5. Get-AppLockerFileInformation -Path "" | New-AppLockerPolicy -Optimize | Set-AppLockerPolicy -Merge

Make sure you use the merge in the command overwise you will lock yourself out of your own Computer System!

applocker-gpedit-exe-rules.png

You will need to run the program "gpedit" and find Applocker Security Options, you can also check if the commands have worked or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulikedat

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Using the term "bypassed" is rather misleading as one can conjure up some super malware that is coded for this purpose. Rather one should be aware that UAC will just alert to anything (legitimate program or malware) that will request elevated privileges. If a program or malware file doesn't need to do this to operate UAC will nor react. Simple as that. And considering the majority of malware do not need elevated privilege to infect a system...

Also, UAC at whatever level and any type of Anti-exe application are hardly synonymous.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This has already been discussed before on our forums, that websites includes hacking tools that can be used to hacked UAC, this is not a bypass but a hacking method. Anything can be hacked if you have the right tools for the job including Applocker, HIPS, sandboxing or virtualization.

These methods are not commonly used to target home users only for large companies with a lot of data.
Once again, there are no known malware that uses UAC hacking tools that target home users.

If a user is paranoid, a Limited User Account would provide better benefits than using Applocker.

Enjoy!! :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AppLocker is only available in the Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions of Windows 7 and 8.

You have to stay one-step ahead of the malware authors, don't rely on your AV to protect your mouse clicks.

I don't suppose you WFC prevents the UAC bypass tools?

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It's no secret that UAC can be bypassed, as I said before it can!
some call it hacked or whatever but UAC will not always ask for your permission to make changes
It's a good thing to have as extra defense for paranoid people, and it can help but it sure not 100% will alert for changes especially if sys not up to date

all in all another toy to make you feel safer. it is doing a good job but not 100%

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
From time to time I specifically reflect upon how secure we happen to believe we are at any given moment. Then, when something unexpected snaps us out of a falsely comfortable sense that we are surrounded by impregnable walls of safety, we move on to search for whom or what was to blame for the calamity.:mad: If hindsight is 20/20, then might not our regret sometimes indicate that in order for one to see things clearly, one must 1st acknowledge what the conditions actual were? More often than not, I'm afraid, it turns out to have been something neglected,:oops: or something as simple, or even unavoidable, as falling asleep (so to speak) at the wheel.:rolleyes:
We understand what it is to get a simple reminder to wear seat belts inside of a car, and the bell alarm that reminds us we've forgotten to do something important like fastening our seat belts because we're in for a bumpy ride.;) We won't blame the makers of a car when, apart from additional/extenuating circumstances, the driver's restraints won't stop a vehicle from being demolished if it veers off from the roadway. UAC is too easily blamed,o_O just as seat belt alarms are easy to blame because sometimes someone gets through, and by somehow choosing not to wear seat belts someone somewhere can blame the safety feature for deciding not to use it!:D

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
There is no reason not to use a software firewall in your computer, unless some specific program that you require prevents its use. It is usually better to use the firewall and tweak the configurations of both the firewall and the other program until they work together, rather than to not use the firewall. A software firewall in your PC is a good thing to use even if you have an external firewall. There is no such thing as a PC that is "too secure".:)

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Yes this is 100% correct nice reply!

AppLocker is only available in the Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions of Windows 7 and 8.

You have to stay one-step ahead of the malware authors, don't rely on your AV to protect your mouse clicks.

I don't suppose you WFC prevents the UAC bypass tools?

Try using Spy Shelter I find that this is really good just like a Lab Computer!

some call it hacked or whatever but UAC will not always ask for your permission to make changes
It's a good thing to have as extra defense for paranoid people, and it can help but it sure not 100% will alert for changes especially if sys not up to date

all in all another toy to make you feel safer. it is doing a good job but not 100%

I've been trying to exploit the UAC for sometime now really fun, great news nothing pops up! It's a very simple bypass since I need one TCP Socket and a built-in Keylogger, but yes you also have hacks such as your Hacking Tool in article! Well I think testing the UAC on the highest setting did work well, because UAC is mainly included in Windows 8 Pro and to hack a user you must not disable it, because your Metro Screen needs it. You just work around it! Even with the hacking tool you get loads of popups, but my way is to bypass the whole thing. My Malware can also be put in one binary file nice, it's just a very evil dirty way of not getting your malware applications signed as well! So the trick is to make your Malware very basic. because this screen I do not want to see on victims PC!

310px-Windows_7_UAC.png

I must say since I'm a Grey Hat Hacker and I don't hack other peoples Computers and stuff and basically find the exploit and patch it, the security fix would be to download Comodo Free Antivirus without UAC Mode enabled!

Best Freeware!

1. Comodo - 100% High Protection
2. AVG - Good Protection
3. Avira - Good Protection
4. Avast - Poor Protection

Total Security Solutions here!

Option 1 Comodo Antivirus
Option 2 Applocker
Option 3 Spy Shelter

I really like Spy Shelter LAB Security there, but Applocker for the other option a nice little change as such. Comodo is free and available for download right now with the HIPS or Sandbox options! All three of these Security Solutions are blocking Malware 100%

I would have to recommend for basic users Comodo Antivirus, but if Comodo does not exist anymore? You are left with Applocker or Spy Shelter what a great Cyber world this is? And I don't use any paid AV products, because I have already tested all of them a few Years back now. I would rather run Spy Shelter with any other free AV then just a paid product without protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
... So the trick is to make your Malware very basic. because this screen I do not want to see on victims PC!

310px-Windows_7_UAC.png
This might not be directly related, yet I thought it good to share seeing something similar! While online using Google Chrome contained in Sandboxie free (sandbox) UAC warned "Do you want to allow another program on your (Windows 7) system to download Norton privacy protection extention".o_O I clicked "No", but afterwards the sandbox would not delete.:oops: I was neither able to restart nor could I shut down, so I did the next best thing; and hibernated my wife's computer while I slept on it.:rolleyes: Today I'd opened Chrome again, this time outside of the sandbox. I found the Norton Privacy Protection extension along with all my others,:eek: so alarmed was I that I immediately deleted it.:mad: Some programs including Malwarebytes Anti-malware did not respond, so hopefully I've done the right thing by forcing shut-down, then restarting the system in safe mode. Now everything 'seems' to be normal again. ..I hope.:cool: Now it's time for a MBAM scan.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
This might not be directly related, yet I thought it good to share seeing something similar! While online using Google Chrome contained in Sandboxie free (sandbox) UAC warned "Do you want to allow another program on your (Windows 7) system to download Norton privacy protection extention".o_O I clicked "No", but afterwards the sandbox would not delete.:oops: I was neither able to restart nor could I shut down, so I did the next best thing; and hibernated my wife's computer while I slept on it.:rolleyes: Today I'd opened Chrome again, this time outside of the sandbox. I found the Norton Privacy Protection extension along with all my others,:eek: so alarmed was I that I immediately deleted it.:mad: Some programs including Malwarebytes Anti-malware did not respond, so hopefully I've done the right thing by forcing shut-down, then restarting the system in safe mode. Now everything 'seems' to be normal again. ..I hope.:cool: Now it's time for a MBAM scan.
MBAM is a great tool, for me I usually scan my pc after infection with msert.exe. and when things seems to be bad then combofix, these are the tow tools ive been using for years I dont think MBAM can do what combofix can

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

try to bypass Emsisoft AM (with Behavior Blocker) + Online Armor Premium (HIPS & Antilogger) + Appguard (anti-executable); good luck with it ^^

oh wait ! its my setup :D

P.s: and i am not talking about Shadows Defender and Sandboxie, both ran when i have to open an unknown .exe

Last edited by a moderator:

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Yep the same setup I'm using is this type a zer0-day killer!

try to bypass Emsisoft AM (with Behavior Blocker) + Online Armor Premium (HIPS & Antilogger) + Appguard (anti-executable); good luck with it ^^

oh wait ! its my setup :D

P.s: and i am not talking about Shadows Defender and Sandboxie, both ran when i have to open an unknown .exe

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Almost whole thread is totally irrelevant for home users. As a home user you don't have to be afraid of any malware. With just a pinch of intellect/sense any of the top IS suites will protect your system just well. If you lack any sense that is a whole different story. Leave paranoia for corporations with huge assets.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Almost whole thread is totally irrelevant for home users. As a home user you don't have to be afraid of any malware. With just a pinch of intellect/sense any of the top IS suites will protect your system just well. If you lack any sense that is a whole different story. Leave paranoia for corporations with huge assets.
You've made strong points here Neno. Yet (and I know this makes absolutely no sense at all) sometimes it's fun to sit on the couch (figuratively, so to speak) with a whole bunch of intelligent, albeit nerdy, friends while watching a horribly scary film together while:eek: everyone screams about which of the clueless victims they think the monster's going to kill next!:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.