Ubisoft CEO teases a new Splinter Cell entry

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ubisoft's E3 presentation was filled with plenty of sequels for its large roster of games, such as Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Origins and the surprise announcement of Beyond Good and Evil 2. However, another popular Ubisoft franchise, the stealth series Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, was markedly absent from the event, leaving fans to wonder when will they see the return of Sam Fisher.

Now, It seems that the series is finally set to receive another installment, with Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirming that the company is, in fact, looking into developing a new entry.

The statement comes via an interview posted on the Ubisoft blog, seen in full above, with Guillemot saying "What we can say is we're receiving a lot of sketches and proposals around the brand and we're going to pick one up," and adding that "I think you will be able to see something, but you will have to wait for that."

Although Guillemot didn't reveal anything else, the wording strongly implies that while we may see a sequel at some point, the wait could be a long one, considering the game is still in sketching and proposal stages of development.

Source: UbiBlog via Gamespot

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Awesome, I watched the condensed version of E3 and did see this. I agree a new chapter is prob going to surface fall of 2018 or spring of 2019, that would be my guess.
I have them all, and this is one series that I do not miss no matter how the critics rate the games.
The first Splinter Cell is what motivated me to go from casual gamer, to FPS, then to clan and tournament based gaming, and today
a veteran gamer trying to keep up with the young gamers that gladly remind me how slow I am getting if I slip up :p
Cool share Exterminator :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.