- Apr 24, 2016
Important: The compile format of filter lists has changed, and this means upon update uBO will have to recompile all filter lists, so this may cause a longer delay at launch the first time uBO is launched after being updated. This is a one time event.
The cloud storage feature has been improved in a number of ways:
Improved "My rules" user interface:
- Better reporting of error conditions in the user interface;
- User interface widget to report storage used/total/max;
- Support for compressing cloud storage data.
Added support to chain :style(...) operator to procedural operators.
- Ability to sort rules by type, source, or destination;
- Ability to show changes only.
The element picker has been refactored to fix long standing issues (including some not reported in the issue tracker). The Ctrl key is no longer used to control the specificity of a candidate filter, and new widgets have been introduced for the purpose of more easily tuning the depth and specificity.
The click-to-subscribe feature has been reworked and is now allowed only on a select number of domains, currently: EasyList - Overview, Fanboy Adblock Homepage, FilterLists | Subscriptions for uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard, ..., EasyList Forum - Board Index, Build software better, together, GitHub Pages.
The concept of "bad list" has been introduced, to prevent users from unwittingly end up using what are deemed "bad lists" by the uBO team. Some "bad lists" will be completely ignored and importing them will be forbidden by uBO. This restriction can be bypassed by users by simply appending a dummy query parameter to the URL of the list.
Closed as fixed:
Firefox for Android
Notable commits with no entry in issue tracker:
- Improper support of IPv6 addresses in static filter domain= option
- has() not work on <html>
- Cosmetic filters interfere with element picker visuals
- Picker gets deformed when a cosmetic filter is added
- Add Support for AdGuard special case pre-processor directives
- Sort dynamic filter list by destination / host components
- Better parsing of hosts file system addresses
- Can't control specificity in element picker with Firefox for Android
- Subscriber script needs to be improved
- Add ability to view changes only in My Rules
- Combining procedural selector :has() and :style()
- Add visual hint for last selected entry in element picker
- Prevent malicious pages from tampering with element picker
- Prevent spurious instantiation of procedural filterer
- Add abort-on-stack-trace scriptlet
- Related discussion: AdguardTeam/Scriptlets#82
- Fix ability to overwrite overquota'ed cloud storage
- Add support for blocklist of filter lists
- Use modern popup panel in logger
- Add support for cloud storage compression
- Add widget to convey the amount of sync storage in use
- Fix cloud storage errors not reported in user interface
Commits to master since this release Commits since last release To install the stable build: Firefox: Click uBlock0_1.30.0.firefox.signed.xpi uBO works best on Firefox. Chromium: Install from t...