UDP paranoia

asilentfire

Thread author
Feb 13, 2013
I have a presentation I'm going to make in school tomorrow thru my laptop, but my firewall is constantly blocking UDP packets from various addresses on the internet in a rapid succession, and making a beeping sound each time.

here is a pic of the firewall log now:

udplogpic.png

Beyond basic internet browsing, I do no networking, and I would like to disable all services/vulnerabilities I possibly can. I was getting a lot of netbios traffic through UDP a couple of days ago, about 5/second..

Windows 8 64, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Privatefirewall, Zemana AntiLogger, EXE Radar Pro, Sandboxie, Shadow Defender.

BTW, I recently had someone try to empty by bank accounts, so security is a real issue with me, and your help is very precious.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.