ufon007 Security Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufon007

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 26, 2017
Hi, although I tried various antiviruses and I'm considering myself as a fan of this stuff, lately I'm somehow bored and I stay with Win10 and its default antivirus, firewall...

Thinking about change for a few weeks already but did not decided yet. Hope I get some inspiration here ;-)
----
Update (04/03/2017)(28.11.2017)
Thanks to this amazing community my setup is:
SmartScreen - ON
UAM - ON (max)
Antivirus - AVIRA (free so far) Avast Internet Security
Backup - AOMEI - thanks for giveaway info ;-)
Malware - CCLeaner & Malwarebytes
Firewall - have to make some more research here so Windows default so far - Avast Internet Security
Browsing - opening Vivaldi in Sandboxie (extensions like HTTPS Everywhere, Avira...)

Thanks again for your help and tips!

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
A few tips:
Thanks for sharing. Hope I helped. :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
If you are sticking purely with Windows protection mechanisms, I recommend you enable SmartScreen. Perhaps set UAC to maximum.

In addition, some form of system image backups is crucial in case of severe system infection - Windows Backup and Restore should be enough to create a system image.
(unless you have no files/applications to protect, and have no problem reinstalling your OS from scratch)

It is advised that you do some more research on your options for dedicated security software (3rd party antivirus, firewall, lockdown software, etc).

Thanks for sharing your config with us. :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you are careful about where you go,what you click on and what you download Windows 10 built in security provides a good lite setup.
I would enable UAC to max
I edited your config to include Smartscreen being enabled.
I think you first,and most important,issue is to consider a system and data backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I like your config. Dont forget to tweak uBlock Origin to improve malvertising protection.

Reactions: Rengar

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
--
Good point! Thanks. Custom filters like Anti-Adblock Killer looks powerful.

ublockfilters.png

These are the custom filters I use in uBlock. You can find them in filterlists.com
I know there are a lot more but these ones are the perfect ones for me after some testing.
Give them a try :)

Reactions: ufon007 and Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.