Battle UltimateZip, AlZip, 7-zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Which from these three software's You prefer and why?

I prefer all from these software's because they are all good.

Most I use UltimateZip to unpack archives, because I use it longest.

I use AlZip to see preview the archives. It works well only with ZIP archives.

I use 7-zip to unpack RAR archives and another archives like themepack.

I think all from these software's all good and useful.

Which from these software's You prefer and why?

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
7-Zip, again because it's open-source and works for everything. It also looks professional from the context menu. As seen in some of MrXidus' videos.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
NSG001 said:
Why use 3 products when 7-Zip gets the job done ?

NSG001 in my first post I wrote why I use all from these software's.

All are very good and useful.

I use 7-zip to unpack RAR files because UltimateZip and AlZip sometimes do it wrong. And 7-zip can unpack another archives.

Thanks to AlZip I can see what is in archives.

Most I use UltimateZip because I really like this software.

V

Vextor

7-Zip because:
1) It can handle almost any type of archive file
2) Allows for auto .exe archives.
3) Open Source
4) Small, and portable.
For everything, go IzArc. It has every single archiving file format known to MAN.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Bbbbweb, most I like in 7-zip that it can unpack Self-extracting archives. And thanks to this software I must no install some software's because it can unpack them. ;) This function is very useful. :)

But I really like all from these software's. :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
jota13 said:
NSG001 said:
Why use 3 products when 7-Zip gets the job done ?

NSG001 in my first post I wrote why I use all from these software's.

All are very good and useful.

I use 7-zip to unpack RAR files because UltimateZip and AlZip sometimes do it wrong. And 7-zip can unpack another archives.

Thanks to AlZip I can see what is in archives.

Most I use UltimateZip because I really like this software.

Fairy snuff, cool ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't use any of those. The one that use all the time is WinZip.

Works for what I use it for. Not free. Does all the zipping stuff that all the others do.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Out of all the selections I have only ever tried 7-Zip. The rest I never heard of.

I myself use WinRAR 64-Bit. I won a license for it years ago and yet it still works fine to this day.

WinRAR because it's the very first program I used of its kind. I just grew attached to using it, It's UI and features and not going to switch now. ;)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Wait...

jota13 said:
Most I use UltimateZip to unpack archives, because I use it longest.

That can be done with 7-zip.

jota13 said:
I use AlZip to see preview the archives. It works well only with ZIP archives.

7-zip does that job, even with SFX or themepack archives.

I think 7-zip is the right one for you and for everyone who just extract files. Also 7-zip can pack files in archives like 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
The best one I think is PowerArchiver. Just give it a try. And if you want simplicity then use
WinRAR(paid) or PeaZip.

For 7zip customization check this article http://www.askvg.com/7-zip-theme-manager-free-portable-tool-to-customize-7-zip-toolbar-theme-and-filetype-icons/

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
When I wrote this thread and I added a Poll I have indicated: allow multiple choice. But it not working, and I not know why... Maybe I did something wrong...

I change my opinion... Because I won Power Archiver 2011 Pro in a contest. And I uninstall AlZip and UltimateZip.

Now I have 7-zip and Power Archiver 2011 Pro.

In Power Archiver especially is good that it displays previews of archives and can play video files in them. It is very useful.

If I could change my vote in the poll I I'd choose 7-zip and another.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I use mostly 7-zip because it satisfies my needs the best. I sometimes use PeaZip to extract Windows Sidebar gadgets since 7-zip won't extract them correctly. 7-zip extracts the gadgets into parts like they are archives instead of usable gadgets.

I never heard of UltimateZip or AlZip before. After searching I found out both are paid products.
Why buy a File Archive Manager when they are so many freeware available? If I was going to buy one then it would be WinRAR. Even PowerArchiver has a free version- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/PowerArchiver-Free.shtml

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.