Battle UltimateZip, AlZip, 7-zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Which from these three software's You prefer and why?

I prefer all from these software's because they are all good.

Most I use UltimateZip to unpack archives, because I use it longest.

I use AlZip to see preview the archives. It works well only with ZIP archives.

I use 7-zip to unpack RAR archives and another archives like themepack.

I think all from these software's all good and useful.

Which from these software's You prefer and why?

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
7-zip is the best I have tried and easy to handle; you need to look and explore and get familiar with it, just like with any new product. This is packs the files as best, some get extremely small which is nice. I have never experienced and bad 7-ziped file. For being for free it offer a lot and in some cases more than any paid version would.

For my needs it's the best option.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Littlebits said:
Even PowerArchiver has a free version- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/PowerArchiver-Free.shtml Thanks.:D

Thanks, I did not know about that.

I benefited from a promotion and I had UltimateZip for free.

AlZip I won in a contest.

And now I won Power Archiver. :)

Power Archiver is really good because when in archive is install or setup file it can automatically install it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.