Unable to access ESET's forum

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Hello,

Is there anyone here who can access ESET's forums? I just clicked on a link in on of the other topics and I am getting the below error message:

banned.png

Anyone seen it before?

Thank you :)

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
I can access the thread just fine also.

Because you've never been a member of ESET's forum, then I'm inclined to believe that you're banned precisely because of your IP address. If you change your IP address, then you might be able to access the forum. :)
Thank you for the head up, I think I will email ESET since I am a client of theirs and changing my IP may not be possible since I hotspot with my phone.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you for the head up, I think I will email ESET since I am a client of theirs and changing my IP may not be possible since I hotspot with my phone.
So, you're not using a VPN? @Bleak is right about the use of VPN. VPN's IP address will sometimes ban you from certain sites. :)

EDIT: You answered it on your next post. Noted! :D

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
If you're using a VPN then it's probably the cause.
I'm not using a VPN and if I was I may not be able to access this forum (I tried to access this forum once from a public library and I couldn't but then they had a proxy installed though).

Reactions: XhenEd

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
You may just disconnect data connection then reconnect to get new IP.
If that doesn't help then you're unlucky because most of IP bans are usually done by a prefix like 99.152.xx.xx so any IP address that falls into this range will be banned. Your only way is to contact them in that case.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
You may just disconnect data connection then reconnect to get new IP.
If that doesn't help then you're unlucky because most of IP bans are usually done by a prefix like 99.152.xx.xx so any IP address that falls into this range will be banned. Your only way is to contact them in that case.
Yeah I think I will just email them to find out more about what going on. Really IMO doing IP bans is just silly unless you are blocking a VPN but that's just IMO.

Thank you guys :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
I don't like double posting here but I feel the need to (been 24 hours since last post anyway) - I tried to access the forum and still no luck. Waiting for reply to support ticket and using the contact form on the forum is no reply. I will post when I get reply to support ticket.

I wonder if Australia is blocked :(

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Ok So I got a reply:

upload_2017-10-24_15-43-44.png

I have since replied to that email and haven't gotten anything at all. I think my entire ISP is block and I see that their twitter page don't reply to anyone's tweets. Also I can't see a facebook page where I can call then out :(

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Ok So I got a reply:

View attachment 170702

I have since replied to that email and haven't gotten anything at all. I think my entire ISP is block and I see that their twitter page don't reply to anyone's tweets. Also I can't see a facebook page where I can call then out :(
How could he reply like that? Either Support got lazy or just didn't understand your query. :LOL:

You're asking about forum ban, and he replied that you need to visit the forum, on which you're banned, and sign up. How can one sign up on a site where one is banned, especially when banned through IP address? :ROFLMAO:

That is the problem of AV Support; good English skills, but not technical skills. :cry:

Last edited:

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Another update, I signed up from a different ISP and got in contact with a moderator. I given him a list of IPs that I had in the past and he is going to look into it.

So I can pretty much say that a big block of IPs have been banned.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.