Advice Request unable to boot Kaspersky rescue disk 18

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anniyan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 26, 2015
hi, i own this:

it has BIOS (not UEFI).

i followed the instructions (How to write the image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18 to a USB drive or CD/DVD) to create KRD using rufus on my USB flash drive. but rufus-3.11p recognizes the ISO as meant for UEFI only and even if i set the partition scheme as “MBR”, there is no option to change the target system from “UEFI (non-CSM)”; i chose “YES” to download the grub 2.02 but the resulting USB stick cannot be booted by my BIOS.

i tried the steps using rufus-3.5p and rufus-3.6p which automatically show option of the target system as “BIOS or UEFI”. but, attempting to boot from this flash drive resulted in the screen stuck at this prompt:

GRUB loading: Welcome to GRUB

the only way to escape from this was CTRL+ALT+DEL.

after this i tried many such softwares, like Win32 Disk Imager, SARDU pro, ventoy, YUMI std, UUI, unetbootin, xboot, in both DD mode and ISO mode but none of them can boot the USB. the only change is that my USB stick has worn out. but i desperately need to scan my laptop with KRD-18. can someone tell me the right software to use and the right settings pertaining to my BIOS? i have tried many flash drives. i dont know what BIOS setting to change. i have set the boot order to boot from the USB stick.

PS.: my graphics adapters (both onboard and discrete) are not in working condition. could that be the source of this problem?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.