Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
System:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Issues Observed:

1- While browsing my Laptop froze (mouse, animation, etc...), i rebooted, my session opened normally then after around 15 seconds it froze again. I rebooted, the issue repeated again.

2- I try to restore my system from the last backup image i had (Partition + MBR), the operation ran correctly, the system reboot, then the boot froze at the ''Starting Windows'' Logo screen. Reboot again, same symptom.

3- Try to boot in Safe Mode, the process froze during the files listing...

3- I try to launch Win7 repair disc and my laptop factory recovery disk, the process of both of them froze.

4- I try to launch Win7 from the Install Disc, the grey bar saying ''Windows is Loading Files'' progressed then froze.

5- Launch WinXP install disc, the install disc run (i heard the noise) but nothing appeared on the screen then the disc stopped.

6- Thinking about a HDD bad sectors issue but can't found any Boot time HDD checking utility. cannot use Checkdisk since i cant access to Windows and the Win7's repair disc can't load.

I will download Unbuntu to see if i can access to the system.

Any other ideas to solve this?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ubuntu live USB froze during startup. i Highly suspect an HDD bad sector issue.

Upvote 0

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Ubuntu live USB froze during startup. i Highly suspect an HDD bad sector issue.

Ubuntu live runs from the DVD/CD not the HDD

I would guess RAM issue

Burn a copy of Memtest86 and see if you can boot into that and test the RAM

If not, remove all but 1 stick, test each one until it crashes again

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
unless you try to install ubuntu in hard disk....it will run directly from usb drive...

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'm guessing either ram or hdd, how old is the laptop? Have you opened up the bottom and see if the ram is set correctly and blow out any dust and check the ram to see if it's clean.

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012
When installing UBUNTU from USB or CD/DVD it will ask you to INSTALL or TRY? You can try UBUNTU without installing and can save your important data.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@MRF: my laptop is 2 years old and was cleaned recently.
@WALT & Imran: yes he asked me, then i select it to run without installing it check my hardware then froze.
@Detection and Samit: i know that ubuntu run by the CD/USB. I can run memtest from UBCD or Ubuntu.

When im using Acronis TI recovery disc , i can browse my HDD normally, it is what made me perplex about this issue.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
when you cleaned the laptop did you unseat the cpu cooler or cpu fan? The laptop will shut down if it overhearts

umbrapolaris said:
@MRF: my laptop is 2 years old and was cleaned recently.
@WALT & Imran: yes he asked me, then i select it to run without installing it check my hardware then froze.
@Detection and Samit: i know that ubuntu run by the CD/USB. I can run memtest from UBCD or Ubuntu.

When im using Acronis TI recovery disc , i can browse my HDD normally, it is what made me perplex about this issue.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@Pcjunk: no, it doesnt shutdown, it froze. but act normally during restoring an image backup.

Upvote 0

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
same problem with my laptop bro and i cant figure out what it is,I think we both have to take service from computer shop :D

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It sounds like you have some damaged components inside your laptop.
I'm not taking about RAM or hard disk problems, it could have something to do with your Processor, circuits, fans, power supply, transformers, etc.

I recommend take it to your local pc shop and let them solve the problem.

Did you perhaps, get it wet or around moisture? If so might try drying it out with a hair dryer set to very low or no heat.

Good luck.:D

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Littlebits said:
It sounds like you have some damaged components inside your laptop.
I'm not taking about RAM or hard disk problems, it could have something to do with your Processor, circuits, fans, power supply, transformers, etc.

I recommend take it to your local pc shop and let them solve the problem.

I went to a repair shop, they did all the tests i did, try with another HDD, same issue.

so i will let them check.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ok, got back my laptop, it was a motherboard's chipset failure. I did a fresh reinstallation of Win7, everything goes fine and smoother.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.