Unable to install crx file

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!

I'm Kuttus and I am going to try to assist you with your problem.

In which browser you are trying to install youtube Down loader?

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Okay.. Go to Mozilla and install this one...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/flash-video-downloader-youtube/

Now you will be able to download Video from Youtube..

Kiasu

Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2012
thanks. i will do it tomorrow as the machine is not with me. i will keep you posted. By the way, i downloaded those registry removal tool knowing that i had thousands of unwanted registry and they suggest that i gotta to clear those before the machine crash. is it true? what is your suggestion? i rather take your opinion..

Kiasu

Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2012
i cannot remember all because it is at the other machine. There is a PC utility kit and some others and all are chargeable. are those reliable??

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Let me know the name, then only I will be able to get the details about how good it is.........

Kiasu

Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2012
Hi Kuttus,
Paretologic, Advanced SystemCare, RegClean Pro, Advance systm protector.. All this is what i have downloaded, installed and removed thereafter as none of them able to assist me in installing the video downloader in Chrome browser.
i have installed Flash Video Downloader to firefox. Any recommendation for Chrome?? Haha :)

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Paretologic, Advanced SystemCare, RegClean Pro, Advance systm protector all this is potentially unwanted programs.... All this one will slowdown the computer... Remove all this from Control Panel --> Programs and Features.

Kiasu

Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2012
All removed. What about Chrome browser? I am still unable to install crx file?

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
The CRX file type is primarily associated with 'Google Chrome' by Google. File extension CRX is a plugin file or as it is more commonly known as a Google Chrome extension file. Basically these types of files can be installed on Google Chrome to add extra features to the browser. CRX files can also be opened using Winzip/WinRAR or any other archive tools to view the contents of the packaged plugin/extension (.CRX file).

Try this fix..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiasu

Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2012
I have done it. Thank you very much Kuttus for making my day. You are great..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.