Solved Unidentified Program at StartUp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I dont know what is this, is it a virus or a program of mine or whatever. I found this program running along with my startup. Does any one had seen in ur PC this kind before, then what could it be?
Capture.PNG

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is not an uncommon problem in windows 8. If you right click on it and choose properties or open file location more times than not it will be greyed out. The next step would be the link to Autoruns for Windows as provided by MR.X above.
I would imagine this is some kind of leftover from an uninstalled program

Upvote 0

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Sorry Friends @venustus and @Chromatinfish 123 could not find the path of the program. @MrXidus Ran Autoruns But Not sure which program is that.
View attachment 17737
It's a windows media player setup. It's the built-in Media Player, at least it says so. Hopefully it's not disguise, I had a windows infection that disguised itself as a windows system file.

On the other highlighted one, that's Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit but it seems like the program is corrupted as the file couldn't be found. It's also preinstalled by HP...

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
It's a windows media player setup. It's the built-in Media Player, at least it says so. Hopefully it's not disguise, I had a windows infection that disguised itself as a windows system file.

On the other highlighted one, that's Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit but it seems like the program is corrupted as the file couldn't be found. It's also preinstalled by HP...
Any idea what to do with those?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'd like to add, when using Autoruns and you uncheck any Logon entries, they will disappear from the Windows Task Manager. I tried this earlier on today, before dban'ing Windows.

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.