CCleaner
Ultra DeFrag

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
First of all, welcome to MalwareTips, @uninfected1!
We all hope you enjoy your stay here!

Now then, getting directly to the point:
Great configuration, which boasts excellent real-time protection complemented with a multitude of scanners that optimally enhance the overall protection of your system!

Just a quick reminder: Ensure that you have a system image of a known good configuration of your system (using your preferred system backup software), so that you can use it to restore that exact state in case of a disaster, such as a software malfunction or malware infection, the latter being rather unlikely (again, this is just a reminder - I am certain you have already taken care of this step! :D).

Other than that, you're good to go!
Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Also, regarding the COMODO Firewall installation issue on Windows 10, you can check out this post on the official COMODO forums for information on how to make its installation possible.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks a lot for the replies. I forgot to say I do online shopping and banking. Is my setup secure enough for this? Also, is there any duplication regarding my real-time protection or are they all making useful contributions?

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Cool config, and some nice softwares you're using. Welcome in to Malware Tips uninfected :)

How is Zone Alarm's Firewall? Is the RAM high in use? I guess that is good in combo to Panda which uses little RAM.

Comodo Firewall might not be turning on, because of non-existant "CPU instructions" which I had a problem with on an older PC from around "2005". Took awhile, but I found out this is the reason, as well as why Opera and Chrome requires at least SSE 3 instructions for the processor.

Have you tried Private Firewall before?

Last edited:
L

LabZero

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks Jakexpman. I'm very reluctant to even attempt to reinstall Comodo because, amongst other things, of various BSOD's last time I tried. I really though I'd lost my laptop.

ZoneAlarm RAM isn't too bad and, as you say, Panda is very easy on systems, the best AV by far of the many I've used. It's been scoring very highly in tests for some time now, and it just gets on with things quietly with no hassle.

PS - Private Firewall also cause BSOD.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks Jakexpman. I'm very reluctant to even attempt to reinstall Comodo because, amongst other things, of various BSOD's last time I tried. I really though I'd lost my laptop.

ZoneAlarm RAM isn't too bad and, as you say, Panda is very easy on systems, the best AV by far of the many I've used. It's been scoring very highly in tests for some time now, and it just gets on with things quietly with no hassle.

PS - Private Firewall also cause BSOD.

Good to know, if it ain't broke don't fix. ;) Zone Alarm has been around a long time and they have a very decent Firewall product. Glad it doesn't cause a blue screen, I'd say its a nice add to defend Windows 7.

I've had one Blue screen on my old laptop this year, I think it was a Comodo browser thing or it overheated? Not sure but one of the two.

Comodo can be buggy like Bitdefender... I have had problems with both.

Panda worked great when I used it, and seems to get lighter with more use... must be that cloud ;)

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
About online banking you can install Bitdefender SafePay (free):

Bitdefender Safepay - Secure Browser - Wifi Hotspot Security
Thanks a lot Klipsh. I'd never heard of that Bitdefender app but it seems just what I want. If i use it do I still need Zemana Antilogger free because I noticed bitdefender has an anti keylogger?

PS - just looked at the MalwareTips thread about Bitdefender Safepay and people didn't think it was very good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

you should use a system backup , in case of unbootable system.
you have far better Chromium-based browsers than Comodo Dragon, for example Slimjet

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

you should use a system backup , in case of unbootable system.
you have far better Chromium-based browsers than Comodo Dragon, for example Slimjet
Thanks for the feedback and info. Yes, no backup is the weakness with my setup but with no external storage I can't think of an alternative - i guess I'll have to buy an external HD.

I've been using Comodo Dragon for some time simply because it was recommended, by Chiron I think on Gizmo's Freeware, as a more secure, privacy oriented alternative to Chrome. I've installed Slimjet and I'll see how it goes.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
If you are looking for a good backup solution i would like to suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. I see you do not have a portable HDD until then i would give Aomei One Key a try it will even help create a new disk partition for you to backup to. :)

Thanks for sharing. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.