Ultra DeFrag

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Having looked at quite a few other configs, i'm now wondering if I need Zemana Antiloogger Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. It seems Zemana's SSL Intrusion Prevention does at least some of what MBAE is doing. If MBAE does some extra things though I'll keep it. If anyone could provide an answer to this I'd really appreciate it.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Having looked at quite a few other configs, i'm now wondering if I need Zemana Antiloogger Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. It seems Zemana's SSL Intrusion Prevention does at least some of what MBAE is doing. If MBAE does some extra things though I'll keep it. If anyone could provide an answer to this I'd really appreciate it.
Keep both - they don't conflict.

I

illumination

HERD.png

It is still Beta

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks @illumination. I hope herdProtect is still Beta because that's all I could find (very good scanner btw). Some people seem to think it doesn't remove malware but it worked fine with me.

@Jo Man I forgot to update my config to include Slimjet browser as recommended here which I added the other day. Is it possible to remove Slimjet's own adblocker or can it only be disabled?

PS - If anyone has any more suggestions how to improve my config please let me know. I've made several improvements since joining and I've no doubt that will continue. Pretty much every new config I see gives me new ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica and Rishi
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thanks a lot Klipsh. I'd never heard of that Bitdefender app but it seems just what I want. If i use it do I still need Zemana Antilogger free because I noticed bitdefender has an anti keylogger?

PS - just looked at the MalwareTips thread about Bitdefender Safepay and people didn't think it was very good.
You do not need it with the security products you have, just go into incognito (In-Private) and bear in mind ZAL encrypts your keystrokes, prevents man-in-the-middle and SLL intrusions.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
You do not need it with the security products you have, just go into incognito (In-Private) and bear in mind ZAL encrypts your keystrokes, prevents man-in-the-middle and SLL intrusions.

I decided against using Bitdefender SafePay browser after reading various reviews. Amongst other things it seems a bit of a resource hog and my fairly old laptop may have struggled with it. I'm pretty confident my existing setup gives adequate protection.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
UPDATE: Unfortunately Slimjet isn't recognised by Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free, so reluctantly it's bye bye Slimjet and back to Dragon. A shame because Slimjet was noticeably quicker.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Update: I don't know why but I started having issues with HitmanPro. Whenever I tried to run it it would update and then close. I've removed it and added Zemana AntiMalware Free.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
When Chrome has options to completely hide bookmarks bar (used to be able to), and to set a new tab page of my choice without having to use an extension, then I'll return to it.

My preferred option is Slimjet. Great configurability and is able to do the things I've mentioned above. Only negative is it's not recognised by MBAE Free, and EMET is far too much hassle for my needs.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Dragon? come on , better use Chrome.
OK, done.

I do have serious concerns about Google's privacy issues though - Dragon has better privacy settings. I've done what I can with Chrome though, including adding their IBA opt out extension. I've also added Ghostery but this seems to cause conflcts with uBlock Origin.

Also, Zemana AntiMalware Free is now my main on-demand scanner. Way quicker than MBAM and from what I've read excellent detection rates, but the odd false positive.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What kind of Chrome privacy issues? I have never received unsolicited emails or contact from Google, apart from account security related and opt-in post mail.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
These sorts of issues. Not bang up to date but many of them still apply.

It seems even checking 'Protect you and your device from dangerous sites' involves privacy issues but I've checked it because these are outweighed by the security benefits.

PS - Does anyone know if uBlock Origin blocks Google Analytics. If it does I'll remove Ghostery and IBA Opt Out

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
One or two little changes to the new Security Configuration Wizard since I last updated the old one. Ditched Web Of Trust and am now using Avira SafeSearch Plus search engine with its own site rating component. I'd like to return to StartPage search engine for its privacy but Web Of Trust stopped working properly with it. Maybe some setting I've changed with some app is interfering with it but I've no idea what.

Edit: EEK!! What's this red PC AT RISK warning?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.