Ultra DeFrag

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I don't use a password anymore because noone else uses the PC. The only problem is if it gets stolen. If I start using a password again is that enough to get the green secure logo?

Reactions: Logethica

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Replaced uBlock Origin with Adguard.

Reinstalled HitmanPro. Possibly too many on demand scanners but ZAM and HMP are the only ones I use regularly.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

ok than its a different story all together : both are equal ( adguard premium and ublock origin ) have tried the rouble trick , but it would not accept my creditcard ( other members confirmed this as well ) imho the program is not worth paying 60 euros for , for a lifetime key :D plus premium puts a lot of weight on my system performance , the time I tried it out last.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Finally uninstalled Comodo Dragon and replaced it with Firefox. Apart from an initial issue with Adguard Premium (sorted elsewhere, thanks illumination) it's now OK, although it does seem to have less recent versions of some apps compared with Chrome, ie, LastPass Chrome extension is v4.2.1, but the most recent version i can find for Firefox is 3.3.0.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Finally uninstalled Comodo Dragon and replaced it with Firefox. Apart from an initial issue with Adguard Premium (sorted elsewhere, thanks illumination) it's now OK, although it does seem to have less recent versions of some apps compared with Chrome, ie, LastPass Chrome extension is v4.2.1, but the most recent version i can find for Firefox is 3.3.0.
FF & chrome has different version. LP3.3 is the latest one.

I

illumination

Lastpass 4.0 for firefox

LastPass - Download

Click the windows option and you will see the firefox exetension

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks illiumation. Went to what should be the v4 Firefox extension link of Windows option and Nothing installed. Had a look around the LastPass forums and lots of others mentioning this. Version 4 would still appear to be in beta for Firefox. At the bottom of the 3.3 add-on link there's this. Haven't had any issues with it yet but if it's too buggy I guess I'll have to go back to v3 and wait.

I

illumination

Thanks illiumation. Went to what should be the v4 Firefox extension link of Windows option and Nothing installed. Had a look around the LastPass forums and lots of others mentioning this. Version 4 would still appear to be in beta for Firefox. Found this link. Haven't had any issues with it yet but if it's too buggy I guess I'll have to go back to v3 and wait.
Did you remove the other version in firefox you are running now first? I think you will find if you remove it from addons, then go back to that link firefox 4.0 will install. I ran it for awhile after it first came out before I switched to keepass permanently.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Yes. Didn't work. I've just tried it again after removing the version I was using but Still didn't work. Strange - it clearly says v4.0.0 and I'm guessing stable because it doesn't say otherwise.There are complaints about the link not working on the LastPass forums.

I

illumination

Yes. Didn't work. I've just tried it again after removing the version I was using but Still didn't work. Strange - it clearly says v4.0.0 and I'm guessing stable because it doesn't say otherwise.There are complaints about the link not working on the LastPass forums.
That is odd. I just did on another system in the house and it downloaded and installed 4.2.1a, and it is working fine.

Capture lastpass.PNG

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
That's the version I had installed from the link I gave at the bottom of v3.3.3, but I couldn't get anything to download from your link. Thanks a lot for your help but I'm not too bothered. I'll carry on using 4.2.1a unless it's really buggy.

I

illumination

That's the version I had installed from the link I gave at the bottom of v3.3.3, but I couldn't get anything to download from your link. Thanks a lot for your help but I'm not too bothered. I'll carry on using 4.2.1a unless it's really buggy.
That is why I stated it was odd. I just downloaded 4.0 not long ago on another system in the house form that link, my significant other was not fond of the new layout so I reverted it back to 3.0. It was her system that I just tried again and found they evidently have replaced 4.0 with a Alpha. I tested her account with it though, and everything was working fine.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Yes, it is strange.I don't what's been going on but unfortunately as I first thought 3.3.1 obviously is the latest stable version now. As 4 isn't even beta yet I think I'll stick with 3 for now. Thanks again.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Decided I didn't need so many scanners so got rid of herdprotect and MBAM. Hopefully HMP and ZAM (really impressed with it) will be enough.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.